Learn to Win Absurdity - Presented by OPYOYOS x YoYoExpert

WIN OPYOYOS new ABSURDITY!

Jordan from OPYOYOS (and previously Smashing) teamed up with us here at YoYoExpert to release the new Absurdity from his small brand OPYOYOS (Only Pink YoYos). Every yoyo is a 1 of 30 collectible and numbered unique design from the mind of Jordan and to keep it interesting he always keeps number 00 for someone to WIN!

When we first discussed Absurdity in mid 2019 we decided the best way to have someone win from our community was to do it through a tutorial contest - one that rewards people for learning something new!

So @chaosgow worked hard to put together THREE tutorial videos for you to learn to win!

Here are the rules!

Every trick you learn enters you in the raffle to win the 00 Absurdity! So that means if you learn all three tricks that is a total of three entries!

Bonus points! If you LEARN ALL THREE TRICKS it enters you into a ‘bonus’ raffle for an extra $100 Gift Certificate to YoYoExpert!

So lot’s of ways to win! @chaosgow will be sharing his tutorials in this thread so keep your eye here and reply with links to your videos here so we can count your entries! One tutorial each week for the next three weeks.

Entries are due February 5th, 2020!

Good luck and have fun learning! Ask questions if you are stuck on a part too! :100:

31 Likes

Here’s the first one. It’s probably the hardest trick I know. You’ll need to know some figure 8s and be confident in your whips and hooks. I’m here to help if you need it though, just ask if you’re not sure how something works.

Make sure to post your videos in this thread so I can keep track of who’s learned what and you can prove you landed it!

To be clear, the deadline to complete and post all 3 tricks will be the 5th Feburary

Edit - Second one is out!

Edit - Third and final tutorial has landed!

24 Likes

Ooh, you threw Victor’s picture slideshow combo in there. Nice.

5 Likes

Yea, I love that ending

6 Likes

Any tips on the hook? I think what’s happening for me is I can’t get the slack to go around my hand

4 Likes

As the string come around, I grab it with my throw hand ring and pinky to hang on to the loop. Then let both sides of the slack wrap around my non throw hand pointer and hook onto the yoyo between my hands. It takes some feel, but I’m sure you can get it done.

6 Likes

not gon lie - thats a hard hook.
ill get it tommorow.

4 Likes

You will definitely get it. If you need any tips, just ask

3 Likes

Let’s start with figure 8’s hehe

2 Likes

Don’t worry about getting 8s smooth, just worry about getting them done. Getting them smooth without your whole body jerking each time you swtich from front to back takes a lot of time and care. Remember, it’s outside - outside - inside - inside. The yoyo should never move between your hands. That’s where I see most people tripping up

4 Likes

I have your tutorial downloaded.
Gulliver helped me walk through how to download from YouTube and then how to transfer that sized file to my phone.
Going to take it a step at at time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You got this! :muscle: :muscle:

5 Likes

hey, Jordan, is there a deadline for this?

4 Likes

Just some questions. Is there an specific deadline(for each trick)? Do we have to upload these to YouTube and link it here?

3 Likes

4 weeks total to learn 3 tricks. I’ll drop the tutorials for the next 2 tricks 1 week and then 2 weeks from yesterday. Plenty of time

4 Likes

Any video sharing site is fine, just make sure to link it to this thread.

4 Likes

Great. Thanks!

2 Likes

REALLY hoping the next two tricks aren’t that hard.

5 Likes

@chaosgow is the string whipping into the front or the back of the yoyo(can’t see really well in the video). Thanks!!

1 Like

Oops, forget that, just landed it ans figured it out haha