Learn to Win Absurdity - Presented by OPYOYOS x YoYoExpert

If you can do some basic hooks/stoles. the next one isn’t so hard. The last one is all slacky though. I belive in you!

3 Likes

Nice, saved me having to do it to find out :joy:

3 Likes

For anyone wondering you have to “hook” the string into the front of the yoyo:)

1 Like

Good enough for an entry? (fixed the bind)
Fun trick to learn!

11 Likes

Nice one. Especially for doing it so fast and on a plastic!

7 Likes

I need help on the whip, I for some reason don’t get what your throw hand does

2 Likes

You wanna whip the string all the way around to come under and then over your non throw hand. As the loop comes around, grab it with your throw hand ring and pinky finger so it doesn’t just fly away. Before you start the whip, make sure the yoyo is dangling off your wrist, not your finger. It needs to be this way to keep the loop wide open and for you to hook correctly.

3 Likes

Play the YouTube video at 0.25 speed and pay attention to all the movements. That helped me getting it

4 Likes

thanks so much

3 Likes

Added a note to my first post (the one after Andres) to state the deadline. It’s the 5th Feb.

3 Likes

Yeah - I added to original post too. :+1:

Nice job @Lkjz1!

6 Likes

okaydidit :slightly_smiling_face:
hadnt messed with figure8s much before either nice to have them feeling smooth now

10 Likes

Brilliant stuff, as always. You’re gonna breeze through them, I think haha

3 Likes

I’m about to yeet a yoyo through a window. I can’t stop rejecting or binding as soon as I start the first inside loop from the 1.5. The one time I did get the first loop I got a surprise bind right afterwards. Halp.

6 Likes

As chaosgow mentioned earlier, smoothness doesn’t matter here, so focus more on getting the yoyo in the right spot and with the right motions. If you take is slowly and carefully, it shouldn’t be a problem

side note though, I find it helps if I sort of exaggerate the motion and try to keep the strings taught as I weave so I get a large motion. To do this, you need to hold the yoyo kinda far from your body as well as limit your string length

3 Likes

I think I’ve learned like 7 different hooks trying to do that one and it never ends up right. I don’t know what’s going on.

6 Likes

Just curious… Is anybody planning on actually buying the yoyo?

Or just trying to win the free one?

4 Likes

Ah this is probably where the confusion comes from.

This is the thread you are looking for where people were discussing if they want to buy one.

The thread we are currently on is more specific to completing the Absurdity Tutorial. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

lol

(complete sentence)

6 Likes

You mean you’re struggling with the figure 8s? They can be a pain. As you get comfortable with them, keep your hands closer together and extend your arms as much as you can. Also make sure the string extends and you don’t get any slack in it.

3 Likes