kongave or center trac bearing

what is better center trac or kongave bearing ???

Nothing is better than another. This is preference because many people prefer one or another.

I like CT bearings more because it really keeps to string from rubbing the sides and when it runs dry, it runs pretty fast.

I like center tracks but they are really noisy and feel the same as any other flat bearing to me, I have not tried a konkave but I heard it bunches up the string. You chould consider the crucial grooved a konkave with a groove= ultimate string centering action. ;D

What is the best bearing for any yoyo period need advice. ???

Parts are parts. There really isn’t a best bearing. There isn’t even much of a performance gain by ‘upgrading.’ They all get the job done and replacing one that is working just fine is mostly a waste of money.

1 Like

There is no best bearing! But I head that 10 Balls and AIGR bearings are great.

This is your 3rd what is a good bearing post in a little over an hour. Please don’t start another one just because you don’t get the answer you are looking for or people don’t answer you fast enough

Some people like certain bearings while others don’t some people feel that center tracks don’t do much while others feel they really help. It also depends on the result your looking for, like yoyos bearings have there pros and cons. Tell us how you want your yoyo to play and we will be able to help you better.

whats the best bearing on the market and then second need advice.

i acedentally posted one but thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

Here’s some excerpts to help out…

Bearings have a number rating. The higher the number, the better the bearing.

“The term ABEC stands for Annular Bearing Engineering Council. The higher the ABEC rating, the lower the friction and smoother and faster roll. ABEC ratings are given in odd numbers only 1,3,5,7 and 9. Most toy grade products utilize an ABEC 1 or non rated bearing.”

“… ceramic bearings are lighter, smoother, stiffer, harder, and corrosion resistant. These characteristics allow for a wide range of performance enhancements in bearings. Ceramic dissipates heat quickly, reducing friction and wear while maintaining a precision smooth surface. Today’s leading edge ceramics are made with Silicon Nitride (Si3N4) and have characteristics similar to the heat absorbing, highly resilient tiles on the Space Shuttle…”

Abec 7 bearings are typically higher in price, and the ceramic Abec 7s are the most expensive. So I can’t agree that a bearing is a bearing is a bearing, because they have different integrities and whatsmore, kks offer better balance, even better than the CBC in my opinion.

Theres no “better” bearing. All bearings play the same just different shapes. If your bearing sucks, just clean and lube it and it will be the “better” bearing you’ve been wanting. :wink:

1 Like

I beleive ABEC rating isn’t important until it’s under a weighted load. like a skateboard. an abec rating has to do with performance under a certain weight load (i may be wrong). but imo OD 10ball is the best bearing. It doesn’t make a difference too much. makes your throw a tad smoother and they are pretty silent. Personally I won’t use CT or KonKave at all. They seem to just close my loops up like crazy on suicide tricks. Could just be me but I hate em. but just use whatever comes in your throw. it will work just as good. my second favorite bearing to OD10ball is YYJ spec bearing…

And 10 Balls take longer to break in.

And ^^, you mean YYF SPEC bearing.

REPORTEDLY 10 ball, and ceramic spin longer

naw i do mean yoyojam spec lol. Haven’t tried the clyw ceramic yet or a terrapin or the hspin hybrid bearings. I heard the hspin hybrid bearings are super nice.

Crucial just came out with a concave and groove bearing :smiley: