Is konkave or center trac good for 1A?

I was thinking about buying a bearing(not 100% sure, still thinking about it) for my two main favorite yo-yos(the Legacy and the Dark Magic). I was going to use it for 1A, and I was wanting to keep the strings away from the sides(I am still going to work on my throw on all of my other yo-yos, but I was going to use this on my Legacy and my Dark Magic to help me with doing 1A style tricks.), and that it would be unresponsive.
If you think I should not do this at all, then please tell me. If it will be ok, then which one should I get? If I get it, then I will practice my throw on the rest of my yo-yos.
Thank you for your help.

kk are better than center trac bearings in my opinion. ct bearings are loud. kk are very quiet and will keep the string centered. i use kk in my some of my 1a yoyos and all of my 3a yoyos.

1 Like

i prefer CT bearing my self. any bearing can be silenced with a bit of lube. although the kk keeps the string centered the best it cant hold as many wraps and gets tangled easier because all the strings bunch in the middle, while CT’s have a larger flat area in the middle where the string can rest with multiple wraps and still not touch the side.

1 Like

They’re both amazing, but I’d just stick with the stock one. You’d never really learn to throw REALLY well if you buy a KonKave while learning to throw. I only got a KK once I was well past master tricks. You can buy them, but it really isn’t neccisary.

However, I like the Center Trac better than the KK. But 10-Balls and SPECs beat all.

2 Likes

How are 10 balls and SPECs any better than stock, KK, or center trac bearings, and where do you get 10 balls at?

That was more of my opinion. I just like the feel of them better.

You can get them at www.onedropyoyos.com

1 Like

Sorry for all of the questions, but I just don’t know much about 10 balls and SPECs, but I have just one more question about them, “How does the play feel different than the others, because to me, the 10 balls and SPECs look like they are stock to me, so how are they different, and how is the play on them compared to stock?”.
Thank you for all of your help already everybody.

1 Like

Mostly how smooth they are.

Really all they are is a stock bearing. They’re stock to almost all YYF (SPEC) and all One-Drop (10-Ball)
Just in my heart, they’re the only upgrade bearing I’d get. You can go for whatever you want, or just keep it stock, this is all my preference.

Also, don’t worry about all the questions, its what were here for :slight_smile:

1 Like

a bearing is a bearing with each one having its own little differences

i have about 4 or 5 kk’s i bought one large and one small size the rest came in trades

i find them useful for when the yoyo is too responsive or snaggy for my taste and i use it to make the yoyo less responsive, kk’s are most useful when used this way i think

other than that your stock bearing in your Legacy and DM are excellent, a well broken in yyj bearing is one of the smoothest bearings you can own

1 Like

Thank you everybody for your help.

another bearing im suprised no one else mentioned is the aigr by general yo it freakin awasome

it kind of loud but i like that and its much better than any yoyojam bearing

1 Like

What do you mean by snag?

Here’s some more help :smiley:
OK. So kks are good, i have 1. They are quiet and keep the string centered, and last for sooo long.
Center tracs are good too. The only difference is that they are louder (can be tuned to not be) and they have more room for more string layers than kks. Flat bearings can hold most string layers, but can hold them without stopping. (sometimes) whichever one you choose, they are both excellent!

Other good bearing:
General yo AIRG bearing
One drop 10 ball bearing
YYF spec bearing
Mercury bearings (And i dont really, but they outspins stock bearings)

Hope this still helps after all the other info you got!!!

1 Like

they are both good for 1a.

1 Like

Isn’t the one drop bearing different or something? Because it doesn’t fit in my genesis… or is my genesis too big?

Is it a small bearing Genesis?

If not, it should fit fine.

I personally prefer the kk bearing. They are better made and are of a better quality. Plus, you can get them in a ceramic version. I have a ceramic kk and now I don’t want to use anything else.

1 Like

No… the bearing is C-sized. But I can’t put in the ten ball. Of course, I didn’t really push it, I tried to put it on and screw the yoyo with the bearing resting on the post, but it just wouldn’t work… the bearing that came with it works fine… a bit tight, like a YYJ, and it needs a wrench to get out, but it’s okay. I’m not sure what bearing it is… has YYF on the side. Stock YYJs don’t fit either.I can kind of get it on, but it leaves a space between the bearing and yoyo. About the thickness of a 0.5 piece of lead.

EDIT: The non-axle side is a bit tighter. By using pure strength, I cannot get the YYF bearing to go in it, but if I put it on the axle and tighten, then it goes in. On unscrew, the bearing stays with the non-axle side.

As long as the string doesn’t slip between the bearing a bearing seat, don’t worry about it.

It does sometimes. Hard but sometimes. With 10ball and yoyojam. It’s so tight.