Koncave vs. Flat

Thanks for all the good words from the throwers who have and like the TX Wing Cut bearings.
As you know they were designed for advanced players who enjoy using the full gap offered by a modern recessed responce yoyo.

It seems pointless to me having a centered string on a bad throw…

I find that many yoyos, mainly TP, YYR, and YYJK play really weird with a flat bearing. If they don’t have a string centering bearing, they suck.

I use center-tracs in everything. I feel like they make yoyos feel a bit heavier, which I like.

I enjoy wooden fixed axles more than a metal fixed axles. I’ve found the Hummingbird yoyo to be a joy to play. The old Smothers Brother yoyos are humming bird yoyos.

thanks man, but I see it pretty hard to find here in indonesia, I already find myself a pair of proyo, can’t handle it quite nicely now, but they loop great.

Exactly how they feel in my jk!

I throw flat bearings only. Cause anything else is stupid.
People will always try to say Im wrong, ignore them like the plague. Flat bearings are all you will ever need. String centering bearings bunch up string unnecessarily and really dont have much of an advantage unless you are going for a sleeper record.

Flat is the way to go.

Consider yourself educated.

J

i prefer konkave bearings.

i’ve never had a problem w/ ‘string bunchin’’ when i’ve played one. i understand the concept, it’s just never affected my play.

konkave bearings besides centerin’ the string - also will align the yo yo. a yo yo that has gyroscopic tiltin’ issues along the y axis of play - will be affected less by this phenomenon w/ a konkave bearin’.

konkave bearings are manufactured ‘concave’. they do not start out as flat bearings and then subsequently modded. it is a true design from start to finish. longevity is astoundin’ - i’ve been rollin the kk in my barebones for almost 7 years now.

just my view point…

mgodinez

cloudy…

Word. Just use what you got and go hard.

you can’t just go out like that and insult people jay.
I said it before, I’ll say it again, only geniuses and idiots are always right

people are not stupid because they have a different opinion.

maybe this is not what you meant, then choose your words more carefully next time.

back on topic, I got the chance to try out the crucial V2 (KK/grooved), was like “meh”…

I’ve tried flat, center trac, crucial grooved, konkave, and there is no best. personally i like grooved bearings over flat, but any grooved bearing plays pretty much the same. i like center trace the best i guess cuz it has a flat spot, but that docent really affect play. if a yoyo comes with a bearing, why not just leave it in? if you have a spare kk or ct then yeah switch it, but really, the bearing makes not much difference. jayyo is right using flat bearings, cuz at some point, the bearing makes almost no difference. as a great man once said, its not the yo, its the throw.

Preference… Preference…

I don’t find this wrong, and I don’t find this right either.

Jayyo, remember that thread you make about playstyle per region/country?
I think eastern players like these string centering bearing, because more and more manufacturer from the east release throws that comes in stock with string centering bearing.

I hope what I say won’t offend you, you’re one of the great members to the forum.

Just hope you would compromise others preference.

Thanks.

1 Like

personal examples

YWET comes with crucial V2 grooved, I find it much better with either a regular KK or a flat 10 balls (love the 10 balls)
YYJ destiny comes with a flat, plays 10 times better with a KK in it
OD markmont next, 1A = 10 balls, 5A = KK or C trac
the winning bird from C3 is perfect with its standard fitted C trac too

I find KK to increase the weight feel on the string and for some throws, it doesn’t feel right to me. it really is a personal preference thing, a good player can play with anything.

I completely agree. I, too, like to have CTs in a couple of my 5a throws, but I don’t need them by any means. A flat bearing can do anything that any other can do. The crucial V2 does not appeal to me at all, I dislike KKs, and I think the V2 would probably exacerbate what about them I dislike.

maybe it’s me, not being good enough as a player but I don’t like that crucial bearing at all

I’m a fan of flat and only flat.

^^ +1

I’ve just never liked the feel of any ‘special’ bearing, kk, ct, grooved, wing or otherwise.

Have you ever really tried a TX Wing bearing or just speculating?
I don’t recall sending you one.

What I like about the Wing cut is that it basically plays like a flat, but gives you the advantage of a koncave. However, you gotta be on with your throw anyways. The wing cut is very, very slight so if the yoyo is going to drift, it will. I do find it easier to correct a tilted throw though. I have to do the correction but then it sits in the center.

I just got a Northstar, and I can compare that with my Protostar and DieNasty since I believe they all use the same bearing. Granted, the Northstar is the heaviest of the bunch, but man, it really feels heavy on the string. I haven’t swapped out that bearing yet, as I’m inclined to leave it in there. I like the Protostar a tiny bit better.