KnifeTank: My first boardgame release

Some of y’all may know I have a bit of a background with video game design and I’ve been transitioning over to the world of card and board games. I’m proud to say that my first game, KnifeTank: The Shüffling, is coming to Kickstarter in two weeks.

It’s a player vs player game that can be played on any table and doesn’t require any rulers or dice to play. The object of the game is to race your KnifeTank card across the table to your opponent’s side, without getting destroyed in the process. It’s got plenty of strategy, but also some dexterity cards too which allow players to flick, blow, toss, or drop cards across the table. It’s sort of like Paper Football meets WarHammer 40k.

knifetank actions

I’m so proud of this game and think my fellow yo-yoers will like it to. The project launches on January 14th, but it would mean a lot to me if you check out knifetank.com now and sign up to get notified when the game launches. Wish me luck, y’all… I’m really nervous about finally getting this thing out there.

24 Likes

Good luck @DocPop!
Looking forward to this.

1 Like

Looks like fun! I enjoy a select few table top card games. munchkin, infernal contraption, milles borne. I like to play with my wife and kids. This looks like it would be right up our alley. Can’t wait to kickstart this!

1 Like

Oh rad! This does sound right up your alley. Those are great games.

So freaking excited to get this! Are we going to get a matching KnifeTank YoYo?

1 Like

This looks really intriguing. Good luck from me as well!

Am i mistaken, or did you have an app or a company with the same name?

The artwork is distinctive.

KnifeTank is a character that I like to put into different game genres. We’ve made two KnifeTank video games, one of which is available on ios or the web, but this will be the first card game with the character.

My hope is to keep releasing KnifeTank games in different genres throughout the years.

3 Likes
5 Likes

KnifeTank launches 7 days from now. I’m so excited and nervous.

5 Likes

Wow this looks pretty damn cool!

1 Like

It’s here! KnifeTank: The Shüffling: THE CARD GAME is now live on Kickstarter!

I’d be honored if you could help spread the word and support the project so I can keep making more weird games.

6 Likes

So worth it. Posted a link to my Facebook so my nerdy friends can join in! Best of luck, Doc!

2 Likes

just put a pledge for two copies, one for my brother and another for myself!

<3

2 Likes

Thanks for all the shares and support, y’all! Today has been the best day of the campaign yet and I THINK it might actually reach its funding goal in the next 12 hours. That’d be RAD!

This review on BoingBoing has really helped push it towards its goal. https://boingboing.net/2020/01/15/my-favorite-new-game-knifetan.html

5 Likes

I bet you make it by the end of the day. It’s SO close!!!

1 Like