Anyone into cardistry?

I recently got into it but I don’t know we’re to find tutorials were can I learn and with what should I start?

3 Likes

I already know a few thinks but don’t know what to do next

1 Like

I actually found a guy making tutorials : https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGMCjNy_r_rq-3zNyqSAxmw/videos

They are numbered and well applauded support this guy, please​:+1:t3::heart:

3 Likes

I tried to get into it for a while. Some simple cuts just to fidget around the office. I bought WAY too many decks of cards, lol. Was thinking of throwing them in my BST posts.

5 Likes

Check out thecuso

3 Likes

I only do Daniel Madison cardistry. There are vids everywhere.

6 Likes

Found this resource from r/Cardistry

3 Likes

Thanks a lot that was were helpful☺️

3 Likes

Use caution. Once you reveal you can do a one handed cut and riffle you will never be dealer of any game with friends or family. Use your powers wisely.

Man I wish I could still do that. My hands got stiff after a couple of accidents. I used to love card mechanics. Try incorporating some mechanics into your cardistry and you’ll be unstoppable haha. I’ve been thumbing though The Expert at the Card Table for a bit and it’s oldly fashioned but it’s got some doozies. Wickedly cleaver feats of manipulation sure to dupe the masses.

7 Likes

For the record I’ve not played cards with anyone for decades. For some of the reasons you brought up. I’m a card cheat that plays at being a magician, not the other way around. Makes a difference I tell ya!

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:you’re right

3 Likes

I did Cardistry before the big boom… back when the Bucks, De’vo and Andrei Jikh were the go to resources.

YouTube has a ton of good material, and I’d check out the Reddit sub-group as a lot of material linked from there.

Check out the Virts, Lotusinhands and Daniel Madison on YouTube.

3 Likes

I learned a few basic cuts years ago, but never got a good learning groove going.

I’m back on the metaphoric bus again. I just ordered a set of trainers, now the mail day waiting period.

It’ll be nice not to put wear on the decks I have while I learn. I’ve got a dedicated practice deck and 2 “nice” decks.

2 Likes

With all this talk of cards and magic on the forum recently I had to get a fresh deck!

5 Likes

Hahaha! I’ve got one but far too obvious Sir!

5 Likes

If you want to be really good you should try this.

5 Likes

I’m just tryin to fool my kids. Lol :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’ve got it down then,
However they will get older………

2 Likes

Nice to see others on board with the action.

2 Likes

No offence here, but Daniel Madison teaches some terrible techniques for card cheating… I own these dvds and know.

Don’t get me wrong, his skills are fantastic, but his technique isn’t really ’sound’ if this is the type of skill you want to learn (check out Steve Forte if this is your thing).