Anyone into cardistry?

Found some old decks in storage. Planning to let go all of these, so send me an offer if ur interested ^^

5 Likes

Just ordered some of these

3 Likes

oh the red virtuoso!!!

3 Likes

Yepp. Think I got this from Kickstarter.

4 Likes

I’ve got an unopened box of Mint 42k Kickstarter cards. Are these a part of the Cardistry hobby, or are they strictly being used for tricks and manipulation because of their markings.

I’m curious to know what makes a good Cardistry/Flourishing deck if anything? Do they use specific types of cards or are they standard bicycle cards with fancy printing on them?

2 Likes

Manipulation is the name of the game.

IMHO
The biggest difference I’ve seen is that cards made specifically for cardistry sometimes won’t have face values, a necessity when doing magic.

I’m not overly interested in doing magic and find it more appealing to have graphics on each side of the card. To me personally I find the face values distracting - I find myself wanting to look at what has presented itself to see if I got all courts or a run or…whatever, for no real reason.

But having values or being a marked/magic deck doesn’t prevent me from doing cardistry.

As for the printing of cards, it seems that a lot of cards (various brands) get produced by USPCC, makers of Bicycle. But there are a number of other manufacturers as well, each using different card stock,printing, and cutting techniques.

2 Likes

Very interesting, I didn’t realize that there were decks that were just purely graphics and had no values. So I guess it’s just based on what kind of graphic you like the look of when they’re being displayed or played with?

I was wondering if they made like… “padded” or “fat” decks… or “thin” or things like that to change the feel of the play of the deck in your hand or if people just use the normal bicycle formula. Cause I knew that there were like specific brands people liked for vanish tricks, Steamboat 808 or something like that - my memory eludes me - but I haven’t paid attention to cards in many moons so I thought maybe they advanced quite a bit.

I just know simple backpalm vanish stuff to make kids confused and simple cuts. So thanks for the info on the subject. My kickstarter set is probably going up to eBay since I never went further with Magic.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’m still exceptionally new to card manipulation, but having had plenty of other motion arts under my belt, I recognize the ability to fine tune your tools for your needs.

2 Likes

Exactly, I think similar hobbies concepts transfer over (short string with yoyo is more control, short snowboard is more control… so many more things.) So I was wondering if the Cardistry hobby also advanced on that front and if there was some sort of new “standard” that someone developed superior to Bicycle’s formula for their required needs. It’s kind of what interests me about these niche hobbies.

2 Likes

Signature cards perhaps? Like signature yoyos for yoyo players.

3 Likes

Got these dope cards today at a disc golf tournament.

5 Likes

For sale or trade with a minty deck……

3 Likes