Anybody played KnifeTank!

Just saw this trailer for @DocPop ‘s KnifeTank game and I had to get it! Looks outstanding! Anybody played it?

3 Likes

I have not, was curious about it myself. Dexterity games tend to not hit our table so sadly I don’t know that I will pick it up on a whim.

1 Like

There is another thread here about it. I have not tried it yet.

1 Like

Just wanted to say this is more of a light strategy game than a dexterity game. The core mechanic is sort of like a Warhammer 40K (with paper tanks) and the dexterity cards (flick, blow, etc) are more to just spice the game up. Definitely want to stress that this is very light strategy, but there are some fun cards to make the game more family friendly and fun.

4 Likes

Fair enough, would you consider this as lightweight as something like munchkin?

I think so. I actually haven’t played Munchkin, but people keep telling me I need to try it based on the games I design.

I have it sitting on my desk but I haven’t talked my wife into playing it yet and haven’t had an in person game night in a while for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

It’s definitely not the most COVID friendly game out there. I was really looking forward to dropping this game this year, but what a bad year to release a game with a “blow” card :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought about that when I saw the “blow” card, but it’ll be a hit with my family I’m sure!

2 Likes

Finally convinced my daughter to play KnifeTank with me! She loved it! Super fun game @DocPop!!!

2 Likes

Right on! Thanks for sharing this with me. I’m glad y’all had fun!

I sold out of KnifeTank: The Shüffling this year, which means it’s time to start thinking about the follow up project.

2 Likes