2sick promotion? Other bimetals comparable?

Hey guys, what do you think of the promotion by 2sick? Looking for my first premium bi metal. Looking for something solid with a bit of float, stable, something nice to learn on. I’m an advanced player but horizontal is not something I do a lot of, so I’m not worried about horizontal capabilities. Same with

finger spins. Mainly just looking for something geared towards tech, but also nimble enough to make direction changes and speed play a breeze. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts:)

4 Likes

Looks like a winner to me. I’ve never played it but I do enjoy a semi organic v shape. Should tick your boxes.

1 Like

Not too unlike this GrasshopperGTX

1 Like

I had a mixed experience with the Promotion. It’s certainly stable and powerful. But, it has quite a bit of momentum, so direction changes take quite a bit of effort. It’s not that agile or fast, in my experience. I think Off Road Yoyo Kyle described it as an Escalade, which I would agree with. And it’s the opposite of floaty - super solid.

1 Like

Yeah, promotion is great but it’s not really floaty at all. It’s just powerful.

2 Likes

If you want fast and agile with some float, I would recommend the Motive or the Endgame. Both of them have huge catch zones in addition to good stability and decent power.

2 Likes

Hmm, good to know. Maybe it’ll be a good throw to learn on. I might snag the endgame from 2 sick for faster combos and nailing my speed play.

2 Likes