kitty string.... questions and when will they restock?

I’ve read a few posts on Kitty String, and I want to try some - YYE (if you’re reading this, when’s the restock?)

I see they come in three ‘thicknesses’ - Slim, norm and fat

Could someone compare them to either YYE basic poly, Slick6 or G-String?
I’d love any overall comparison, but especially on thickness.

I’m, also, getting back into looping (it’s where my original yoyo obsession began many years back - who doesn’t love a big around the world or ‘let me see how close I can get this to your face, no, really I won’t hurt… you’)

So in the varied thickness - which way should one go for looping (have a YYF Loop 900 heading my way)

Oh, and YYE guys on here… as mentioned above - please restock the poly’s - thanks

I’m pretty sure as far as response goes thicker=more response, and thinner=less response.

it’s really soft, not as soft as Gstring, but it’s really soft, and usually the normal thickness is a little bit thicker than usual.

HUGE restock of Kitty String coming beginning of February.

Generally for looping though you don’t want to use 100% polyester since the friction causes the polyester to melt and snap the string, etc.

I own two types of KittyString: fat and normal.
What I’ve discovered is that both types play better on different yoyos. I found a relatively thin gapped yoyo that plays better with broken-in Fat string, and a somewhat large gapped yoyo that accepts normal string.

Saying that, I should explain that Kitty String takes about a total of 40 minutes to fully break in. When it’s new, it is rather springy and doesn’t handle tension that well. It also might feel a little rough and uncomfortable. But after you’ve thrown it for a bit, it gets really soft.

Another tip: because it isn’t completely stretched out when it’s new, ALWAYS tie the knot, of your desired length, slightly shorter than what you want. A full length string can easily be stretched 2+ inches if you pull it.

But after it’s broken in, it becomes the greatest string ever.

There is also a slim version that’s for sale on REWIND.

so when you say don’t use the 100% Poly for looping - is Slick6 OK? or do I need to go all cotton?

I donno about slick 6 but while I’m by no means an expert at looping, I prefer 100% cotton because it’s a little more responsive.

See, I have the opposite experience. I tend to pair Fats with my wide gapped, konkave bearing setups while the normal type I typically use with thinner gapped and flat bearing setups. Just more evidence to support the preference argument and encourage you to go ahead and try both for yourself and see what you think!

I’m definitely ready for the restock! I need some good quality white string in my life. Normal and Fat ;D

So are we talking Skinny, norm. AND FAT coming in?

I dunno about all you guys, but I just use 100% yye poly for looping, and I have no problem. The melting issue is moreso for fixed axles. If you have a loop 900, unleashed, etc, then you should be fine with poly. That was you can also just buy one type of string and be good for everything.

I agree with you there. I actually feel like I get better and more reliable response with poly than with other materials. Then again, I’m by no means any kind of authoritative figure when it comes to 2A, but I’ve experimented enough to see a strong difference.