Kickside for 5A?!

I’m thinking about getting a Kickside for 5A. I would love a list of pros and cons about this Yo. All kinds of thoughts are welcome.

A lot of people really like the Kickside for 5A.

It is a really good weight for a lot of people and it is very rounded for comfortable catches.

Ya, I really like the way its shaped, I’ve just never used one. I’m also not sure how I’m going to like the Hybrid response.

Almost everyone hates it (and I can’t really blame them). If you have the dough you can buy another one and put the O-Ring halves together. However, for that price you can get a lot of better yoyos.

But I really feel that in a plastic yoyo, the response doesn’t really matter too much. You’ll have fun with it either way!

I like hybrid response but whatever.

The Kickside as well as just about any other yoyo would be fine for 5a.

I agree with Brian, about the hybrid response, I love it too!

Didn’t Takashi Matsura win worlds 5a with a Kickside? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I know it was one of the Yoyojam plastics. Maybe a Speedmaker?

@jump I’m pretty sure they were lyns

Sure the kickside is great for 5a
If your worried about the response you could shave of the starburst and sili the oring groove
That will play nicely

But I personally prefer lyn furys over kicksides but you can’t go wrong between the two

Personally, I love the Hybrid Response, it opens up Suicides almost as good as Double Starbursts. But a ton of people dislike it for their own reasons, so it’s a taste thing.

Currently, I need to get a new Bearing for my Kickside, because mine’s locked up, and I don’t have the tools to repair it.

As for the Kickside being used for 5A? I’d like to think that it was made for it, if Duncan’s patent wasn’t around, I daresay that they would have advertised it as such, because it’s smooth as all dickens when you use it for 5A, the weight is JUST right, too.

I have really considered getting one, but I am still partial to the Lyn Fury.

I love my Lyn use should get that but just my opinion and they are the same price correct?