KENDAMA: What are you seshing today?

Still very new to kendama but picked up a TK16
Apparently this is recognized as an “official” model in Japan. Curious what the general communities thoughts are on them

3 Likes

AE Rhino Clear :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

i put up
a shelf i got
from
jake bullock

5 Likes

Didn’t really play mine but a few minutes then decided to sand off the slick black paint on the tama and painted it red with rubber paint and burnt a dragon on it and played a few times since. It was light and played fine but the tweaks that have been made over the last couple years yield better players imho.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the slick paint that’ll make it tough if you’re a beginner. It’ll make it tough if you’re not a beginner. But just like in yoyo you have people who say it’s good to learn on icy paint, or “learn the hard way” basically. If you’re new, personally I’d recommend something with grippy paint (it’s hard enough already), I think you’ll have more fun. And honestly grippy paint is so common now, almost universal, really nobody considers it “cheating” or anything

1 Like

Yeah immediately noticed the paint on the tama was much slicker than most models you see. I actually started with a yotricks LK model just was curious to try this one out but it definitely has a different feel to it. Also noticed the ken feels much rougher. At any rate fun to explore different models in the quest to finding what fits me

2 Likes

That reminds me I did do a little finish sanding on mine. It is fun to explore.

Edit: This is it after sanding, burning, and painting the tama. Although I’m sure I posted it elsewhere but I don’t remember where.

5 Likes

Got my first Kendama today, Kendama USA Kaizen Nova Natty Bamboo.

5 Likes

Looks nice! Kendama USA is actually just down the road from me, they’re in Marietta, GA; that was fun to learn at yo-yo club one month ha.

1 Like

I’m a bit of a kendama guy myself lol :wink: I especially enjoy krom kendamas. Each one plays a bit different, most notably the change of weight and size on each ken and tama. I normally sesh quite often so I’ll be posting on this thread pretty frequently.

Here’s a pic of my current krom collection:

If anyone needs help learning tricks or needs any suggestions feel free to let me know :grin:

4 Likes

Nice !!! That bamboo kendama looks sweet !!!

1 Like

These came yesterday evening. These two and the KUSA I got last week should do well to get me started down this path.

4 Likes

That midsize pill is so much more fun that the original smaller size

1 Like

Pro disc golfer Eagle McMahon

2 Likes

Just picked up my first Kendama, an Analog Truffle.

7 Likes

Just saw this Kendama in a background advertisement.

Kedama in popculture?

1 Like

I know it may be controversial, but I’m seshing a NJK hammer shape.

2 Likes

Jamming Sweets

4 Likes

Somehow had this slip from my mind until now since it’s been like 15 years since I’ve played a Tales game.

Yeah his main weapon type is a kendama, and in ToV Rita had both kendamas and yoyos as weapons.

1 Like

People seem to have mixed opinions when it come to supporting the owner of the company.