Kendama brands

I have been looking to get some more kendamas lately. I know all the big brands but are there any smaller brands that make some good ones that you guys would recommend? If there are any please let me know

Not sure which brands you’re considering big, but I’m assuming you mean Sweets, KendamaUSA, Ozora etc.

Some brands that I really like outside of those are Krom and Sunrise, but they may be considered larger brands too.

Are kendamas generally the same?
I’ve seen them made out of different materials and with different colors, but unlike yoyos it seems that they have very specific shapes that you wouldn’t want to mess with to much.

I have never kendamaed so I have no idea, I just thought about it when I saw your post about different brands.

there’s catchy

steeze kendamas are a pretty good smaller company (i’ve only used a snowball, and the tama is pretty heavy in comparison to a kendamausa tribute, but it’s still pretty good). good prices too. i hear good things about ronin kendamas. my personal favorite is krom. terra makes kendamas along with the pills. i think grain theory is good.

@morgoroth: kendamas, like yoyos, have variations in design from company to company and even within companies. those changes look slight to yoyoers, but yoyo changes probably look slight to kendama players too. I.E. weight of tama and ken, designs can be slimmer or fatter than others, etc.

1 Like

I went through a phase and bought a TON of kendamas. I ended up selling all but one, a Deal With It all maple kendama. Love it. When I do get the itch to play it’s what I grab. I really like everything I’ve gotten from them. About the only other Kendama I’d like to get would be a Terra Little Bit Bigger.