Keeping your yoyo in your pocket?

Do you guys keep your yoyo in your pocket? My dm2 (only yoyo) is normaly kept in my pocket but idk if i should with my new CODE2. The dark magic is SUPER beat up but this is mostly from spiking it into the ground before i learned how long my string was :stuck_out_tongue: What do you do?

Throughout the day I typically have a yoyo in a holster (props to Legyoyo; great holster!) hanging from a beltloop.

When Iā€™m walking somewhere, I tuck it (still on its holster) into a pocket because I donā€™t like it swinging every which way. Then when I arrive wherever Iā€™m going, I take it back out.

Most of the yoyos I like to carry around are far too big to just be in a pocket all day. I donā€™t care about scratches and so forth, itā€™s just uncomfortable. I tried the ā€œpocket throwā€ thing, and it didnā€™t really work for me (though Iā€™m still glad I got the Token, itā€™s a fun yoyo!) because I just like using a variety of yoyos.

So yeahā€¦ I donā€™t keep one in my pocket all day because theyā€™re too big. But I still use my pockets to manage the yoyo.

I own a toxic holder, super strong since the are made with 550 paracord and a big beefy caribiner I have no fear in it ever breaking on me.

I sometimes keep a yo-yo in my coat pocket, only a Dingo or Cafe Racer, while Iā€™m at work. But, most times, with an average size yo-yo, I use one of these YoyoExpert leather holders.

<------------------

Do the holders keep your yoyo safer or are the just more comfortable? For whatever reason i dont really mind holding my DM2 in my pocket and i dont see myself getting one much bigger than that.

Any recommendation on what holder to buy then?

If youā€™re fine with it in your pocket, thereā€™s no problem to solve!

Itā€™s more comfortable to me because the yoyos (even smaller than the DM2) are uncomfortable to me while sitting. I donā€™t wear skinny jeans or anything, but maybe theyā€™re still a more fitted style than you wear. :wink:

A holder is pretty much a holder, but Iā€™ve been liking the ā€œOmikronā€ style holster I got from Legyoyo: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,52594.0.html

He didnā€™t make the Epsilon style when I got it, but thatā€™d be a good choice for me, too. The other ones looked like they would dangle too low for my personal tastes.

Well a hanging holder is a little less about ā€œsafetyā€ and more about blending ā€œconvenienceā€ with a ā€œlook,ā€ or style. That is the best way to put it. A yo-yo in a holder should not be your prized throw. The ones that cover the entire yo-yo are indeed safer, but you might sacrifice the look and convenience, which is the best way I can put it. You can cover a yo-yo and then put it in a holder if you want more safety. Every holder has itā€™s pros and cons and if you find one that suits your purpose and look, itā€™s like magic. For some, the pocket works just fine, and sometimes does the trick for me too. I just use a smaller yo-yo in that instance. If you donā€™t mind a DM2 in your pocketā€¦stick with it if you plan to carry the Code2.

Oh, but if youā€™re looking for a recommendation, buy mineā€¦itā€™s leather, metal, nickel, brass, all quality stuff, Andre Boulay wears it, and you should too, anything happens to it, Iā€™m here to fix it for a lifetime, so you will never need another. I do ā€œcustomā€ work, any length you want. But, the ones in the store are the length Andre wears. The plug just endedā€¦but a link is in my signature for your convenience.

I wouldnā€™t be worried I carry around n Cliff and Majesty all the time an they are still both in great condition

I just throw one in pocket. Sometimes I use a holder I made out of a velcro watch band and a carabiner, but rarely.

1 Like

I would get a holster. If you want a nice classy looking holster, brian figuora is making cool leather ones called unknown.Theyre at some other silly guyā€™s yoyo store and look pretty awesome. But there are cheaper options for holsters.

Please donā€™t post other online stores. Itā€™s not polite.
Thanks
-jhb8426-

iā€™m not sure i understand the original questionā€¦ are you considering NOT keeping a yo-yo in your pocket because it might be hazardous to the yo-yo? if so, thatā€™s the first time i ever heard that.

i usually keep a fixed axle in my pocket and a spyy on a simple little paracord holster a friend of mine made. iā€™ve never encountered a powerful enough assault/calamity to negatively impact the way a yo-yo played while attached to my person, but i suppose itā€™s possible. that said, i have no qualms about beating the bajeezus out of my yo-yoā€™s, so most of them are pretty scuffy regardless.

dont talk about other stores it not nice to the person who trying to run a bussiness.

The only type of holster I use :smiley: quality, well worth the price, fashionable too. Haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never in the pocket. Mostly in a bag and sometimes on a holder. But thatā€™s just me. :wink:

I like to walk around with a yoyo in my pocket. Pretending Iā€™m an undercover yoyo superhero. An unsuspecting burglar would never expect the chewing tobacco can shaped circle in my pocket to actually be a deadly, crime fighting weapon.

Sometimes i throw keys in the same pocket without thinking, they might scratch it up, but really thats an easy fixā€¦ other pocket lol

I have two front shirt pockets, thatā€™s where the yoyos go. I always get dings with a belt loop holder. Anyone else get seatbelt dings from these?

Nothing permanent yet, but I often get a loud ā€œDiiiingā€ sound when I sit down, if Iā€™ve forgotten to tuck it into a pocket.

I got a hair rubber band (the kind some women put in their hair) and a little clip (I do not know what it is called) and that is my holster:P

Rarely goes into my pocket unless Iā€™m wearing cargo pants and even then I generally prefer to have it on a holster. I use the Werrd Watchamacallit (however thatā€™s spelt) or for the yoyos with slightly less open profiles, a holster I made myself out of some cord, a drawstring clip and a carabiner (pictured below).

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/2b27dd188acb11e2be6b22000aa80214_7.jpg

Yuki