Keeping the string in place on your finger?

Any tips for keeping the string in place better on the finger? It keeps slipping left and right.

2 Likes

It helps if you always keep the loop on the side of your finger that’s closest to your pinky.

2 Likes

My hands are dry as heck too

1 Like

Try some lotion.

2 Likes

Actually, I do it the opposite. Such that if I pull the string towards my little finger, it tightens the loop.

2 Likes

That’s crazy talk!

Seriously though it comes loose all the time if I do it the way you describe.

2 Likes

What about the yo-yo tape?

1 Like

Here’s what I normally use.

IMG_4607_v1

Disclaimer:
Lest I be accused of imbuing my own bad habits on the community, note that this appears to be backwards from the generally accepted protocols. Let me say first off that for most throwing it appears to me to work equally well either way. Where it matters most to me is in looping. For me when the string is this way it remains tight on my finger. When placed the opposite way the string tends to creep around my finger as I loop. As I started out mainly looping I kept it this way for string tricks as well. The one exception to this for me is hop the fence. There it remains tight if I reverse it.
Mea Culpa. :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

From a post below:

Yes, exactly.

3 Likes

Do you actually? That’s 100% a no go for me. I just tried it your way and it screwed me up from the very first breakaway.

2 Likes

Yeah, I gotta agree with vega and Andy on this one. That’s backwards jhb!

3 Likes

Ok while you’re here I got to say I’d love to see the YYE warehouse one day. It might be better than when I got to see the Porsche factory.

2 Likes

Anytime! If you’re ever in the area just give us a call and let us know you’re stopping by. :grin:

2 Likes

Whoa :open_mouth: I had no clue! Where are ya at?

1 Like

Putting on a yoyo has become second nature, so I can’t remember 100%, but pretty sure I put them on like this too. For me it keeps tension on the slip knot, keeping it tight.

2 Likes

to each their own, but this is the method which keeps the loop tight and still for me. backwards feels… well, backwards. but experiment & do what works for you!

7 Likes

YoYoExpert
116 Pleasant St
Suite 201
Easthampton, MA 01027

4 Likes

If for any reason in the future I decide that I need to be back in that neck of the woods, this will be on the itinerary. Sounds like a lot of fun

1 Like

That’s a heck of a drive for me ! I’m in Knoxville Tn !

1 Like

So I paid attention over the weekend, and sorry @jhb8426 that is not how I put my string on, it’s the opposite way.

HOWEVER, when I loop, the yoyo on my left hand is the way you show, I put it on opposite, it seems to keep the string tight.

2 Likes