Just watched the World on a String documentary

I really enjoyed it. Cool to see some people play who I’ve only heard about in the yoyo podcast. A couple of things surprised me: First was that Jensen went from CLYW to YYF, not the other way around. I’d always assumed, based on how sought after CLYW product is, that their team would be the one to be on (in N America at least). Second was that despite it being a really supportive community, there still seemed to be a little bit of rivalry, bad feelings and drama. Unavoidable I guess, but still wasn’t expecting it.

But not surprising was how mind boggling so many in the documentary are at this stuff. Every time I watch any of the worlds routines I wonder how people do it.

If you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend it.

13 Likes

Where / how can we watch?

1 Like

It’s on youtube.

2 Likes
16 Likes

I never saw this either. Really cool!

2 Likes

Its really good!

2 Likes

I just recently watched this and the We Are Throwers documentary. I got to say, I prefer both of them to the yoyo episode of We Are the Champions on Netflix. Something about the time they were created in.

4 Likes

Thanks for mentioning We Are Throwers. I see trailers on Youtube. Where can we find it?

1 Like

Actually Jensen was on CLYW several times. After leaving YYF he later rejoined CLYW again. Then he and Charles eventually formed A-RT.

2 Likes

I found this link here on the forums a while ago. I forget what thread it was. https://www.reelhouse.org/wearethrowers/we-are-throwers/wat-2017-finalcut-render-laga-192638

3 Likes

Yea definitely an interesting watch.

Not’d

Ty