Just a quick note.

Hey guys, I have been seeing some confusion in trick terms, so I am going to try and clear some things up.

Frontstyle (frontside) consists of tricks thrown from a perpendicular throw or regular sleeper. An example of this would be braintwister.

Sidestyle (sideways style) consists of tricks from a parallel throw, also known as a breakaway. An example of this is a trapeze.

Excalibur (Horizontal) consists of tricks from a completely sideways throw. Basically, you are doing tricks of the same type of throw that you do to start a UFO. This term is NOT interchangeable with Sidestyle or sideways style, and if you are asking for new sidestyle tricks, you will not get the answers you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ve really noticed people have been mixing that up too, and it’s getting confusing.

Don’t they also call Excalibur, vertex style?

Excalibur is actually a term taken from diaboloing, and I have seen people call it vertex, but most people call it excalibur. :slight_smile:

In diabolo, it is either called Vertax, (Vertical Axis) or Excalibur. Horizontal for yoyoing does not do it justice. I feel as though the yoyoing community should use one of the diabolo terms. I use vertax more often than not, but that is just me.