Jensen is back!

I love how he realizes that with his unique flowy style he’ll never place 1st with the way comps are scored nowadays, so he just has fun with his performances and enjoys it as much as he possibly can.

serious question:
If his flowy style doesn’t suit the current scoring criteria, and legitimatecompetitive play styles don’t either, what makes someone win nowadays? I’d say slacks, from Janos and Takeshi Matsuura’s victories, champions don’t even need to move on stage anymore ::slight_smile:

yeah, it’s different with yoyoing. any other sport, like football, basketball, baseball, etc., when someone loses his game he has to retire. unless you’re Bret Favre.

I get that he wasn’t trying to win here or at the 2011 WYYC, but the difference between the two is that 2011 was at least a demonstration of yoyoing technique. His BAC performance just comes across as being very unprofessional and disrespectful to the event organisers and to the other competitors. He’s a big boy and he can make his own decisions. If he wants to get up on stage and act like a bit of a tool he should. I’ll defend his right to do it, but that doesn’t mean that I have to like it or support it.

Yuki

they invented AP for a reason. People just don’t use it as much. I suppose this would have been an acceptable AP freestyle.

Its ok to have fun and not be serious sometimes…

But it’s Jensen so we ALL have to care.

No, all I’m saying is that it is irrelevant if you (this time I will specify that this usage of the word “you” is plural. As in “all of you.” I made the mistake of not specifying last time and I now realize that if I don’t state something that is obvious then someone will make me) has an opinion on this freestyle (Note the part “free” on the word “freestyle”). I can’t seem to find the part where I said you “should just shut up” about your opinion, could you do me a favor and quote it for me? I mean, if it exists, anyways.

Obviously when people disagree with you they are actually taking away your opinion.

but Jensen is love… Jensen is life

Maybe this contest would have no bearing on him weather he won or lost. I don’t know how they really work, maybe some are a lesser contest for better placed people, so having a little fun with it may not harm. In the end it all comes down to how he and his sponcers felt about it.

I was planning to just lurk here but I suppose I’ll throw in my two cents.

This entire sport is based around having fun. Each and every one of us do this because we enjoy it. You claim that Jensen not taking this freestyle seriously may be offensive to someone who did not make the finals. If they didn’t place higher than him in prelims, what makes you think they would have performed better than him in the finals? Jensen went and had fun. Granted it’s not his most competitive freestyle. Granted he knew he wasn’t going to win. He screwed up earlier on. Instead of being an idiot about it and getting ticked off, he rocked it. That’s why people love him so much. His style can always make you smile whether he just landed an amazing combo or just screwed one up.

This is simply my point of view. I’ve been in the contest scene for seven years now. I guarantee you any player I ask at any contest will say they care more about enjoying themselves and having fun is more important to them than winning.

One last thing, I am not a Jensen fanboy. I am not a CLYW fanboy, or an anything fanboy. If I like a player’s style and general attitude, I like that player no matter who they’re with.

We play with TOYS.
TOYS ARE FUN.
Jensen went up on stage, and had fun playing with toys.

You guys take this stuff too seriously.

1 Like

The quote was “Whether or not you have an opinion is irrelevant”. Having an opinion is not irrelevant, everyone should be allowed to have one. You don’t have to like it, and you are free to give your own opinion on the same subject.

Several people here thought this freestyle was disrespectful, others argued that it was fun. I don’t see what’s so wrong with that? Why do people on the internet feel the need to absolutely prove the person they disagree with is wrong and what they feel is the only way to look at something?

Because they no they’re wrong, and are trying desperately to escape.

Most of the people complaining about about Jensen having fun and who cares aren’t active competitors. I am not and never will be but I know how much time and practice goes into freestyles. For someone who practice hours and hours and had legitimate chances of making finals this is kind of a smack in the face. You would’ve gone up and actually tired instead of fooling around for 2 minutes. Imagine you were that 21st person and missed finals by that small margin and was bummed. You see that one of the people who got a spot completely disrespects the finals they made.

It disrespects the organizers as well. They spend so much time organizing that event and trying to attract competitors and putting on a great contest. Then you have some guy go up on stage and make a mockery of your event. It sits a bad way for me.

Not only those but your sponsor. This is probably the biggest disrespect you can do. You get your travel costs covered by your sponsor who pays for it all and go up stage and represent them that way? If you were viewed as a competitor and go up stage like that I’m sure your sponsor wouldn’t be happy about that. I am sponsored and while not an active competitor if I went on stage this would be the last thing I’d do.

There is a difference between having fun and goofing off/being disrespectful. This was disrespectful. You can has fun and actually try. Look at any of the other competitors, I’m sure they had a blast on stage and gave it their all. I like jensens yoyoing but his character runs me the wrong way. Maybe he’ll grow up someday.

3/4ths of those contests didn’t have prelims, sooooo… and anyway, they were actually trying, not just making sure they didn’t do well.

Jensen was seeded to finals… All this stuff complaining about prelims and people who didn’t make it to finals is irrelevant.

In that case the Prelims doesn’t apply to this but can still be a point of relevance. You have a seed and waste that time instead of someone else who would actually have tried.

If Jensen wasn’t seeded, would there have been one more place for a prelim competitor to qualify for finals?