iYoYo Sonic Wave

Has anyone seen/played one of these yet? Kind of like an inner ring bimetal but with a polycarb body. Looks super cool.

12 Likes

I’m excited for it too! I love the look and shape

2 Likes

This may be my next purchase. IYOYO scored big with Shooting Star and Iceberg ….great company .

4 Likes

I love iyoyo too, they make good yoyos. I got a passion and shooting star. Been wanting an iceberg but now I want the sonic wave.The new hidra looks awesome too.

1 Like

Looking forward to getting one. They only make great yoyos.

2 Likes

I got one for xmas. I love it!

It plays like a competition bi metal, with the feel of plastic on the catch.
I have had issues with pixel bearing in the past but this one was ok, after a bit of maintenance.

Very long spin time, very stable, wide catch zone, fits my hand well and it ok to play in my cold garage during our Canadian winter. Aluminum yoyos get way to cold and painful with cold hands.
AND it is not identical but it has a very similar sound to the Iceberg classic.

I would not hesitate to recommend this yoyo.

4 Likes

Hey I’m also in Ottawa! I’m a bit nervous of using my plastic/hybrids in the cold since I’ve had a Hitman Pro I used to carry around crack around the metal hub. I believe if they machine these and then press fit the metal components then there’s much less risk, but still.

I have only had issues with one plastic. A Regen it split in two, but i was learning 5a with it, in my garage.
Do you know about the Ottawa yoyo club?
I have attended a couple of meets now.
They are great.
I never met anyone else in 8 years of throwing, previous to the club.
Also if you are into trades, we could have the cheapest shipping ever!
Cheers

1 Like

I hope you do a review on the Sonic Wave , I already took your advice and have 2 SHOOTING STARS , and the New Iceberg , which I’ll start to use once I’ve mastered the SS.

JACK

I need to sell some yoyos off and then I’ll have space for the Sonic Wave I think.

First video coming up is a big look at a lot of hybrids.

2 Likes

I might be switching from team shooting star to team speedaholic xx after playing one for a bit yesterday. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: Still want a sonic wave though.

The difference between the two is very minimal to me. But for me personally the fingerspin cup of the shooting star works better because I have fat sausage fingers.