I've had it with $100+ throws

that stuff is for your job, isn’t it? Youve mad profit with that.

Throwing is a hobby. Spend money on what you like/makes you happy, whether it be a 20 dollar throw or a 150 dollar throw, if it makes you happy go for it.

YOU SAID IT!

I think I’m having too much fun at it to be considered a job.

Yoyo’s are a beautiful canvas to place your artistic ideas upon. I mean this regarding the physical shape of the yoyo as well as the colorway.

OP mentioned you cant see the colorway when its spinning? I have a few yoyos that I specifically get excited about because of their spinning effect. Please see my Brett Grimes painted Marmot:

It’s a lovely throw thats brought me hours of enjoyment. I dont have kids but if I did I could pass this on to them like a heirloom that has brought me joy and because its not a cheap piece of cheesy looking plastic, they might actually appreciate it.

^ ^ ^
Now that IS pretty cool. I’ve never had any colorway move and pulse like that. I’ve seen painted throws before, but assumed that the weight of the paint would completely throw off the stability of the yoyo. I might have to investigate this more. Thanks, memorla.