I've fallen back in love with my Maverick

just a thing to make sure of do not lube your bearing unless its screeching… overlubing can actually ruin a bearing.

Or just very little lube

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, Im gonna lube the maverick right away since its screeching for sure. I just wanted to get myself a fun yoyo pack. I also bought the world on a string dvd. Is there anything else i should know about maintenance wise?

Apart from Alecto’s good advice on not lubing a bearing that doesn’t need it and not over-lubing one that does (seriously, you only need the TINIEST amount), there shouldn’t be any other maintanance required. Just throw and enjoy yourself. :smiley:

Don’t forget to get yourself a nice Yo-Yo case to store it in to limit it’s exposure to the Elements when not in use.

don’t hit the ground hitting the ground can be very detrimental to your yoyo and you :stuck_out_tongue:

just keep the bearing clean, don’t unscrew the yoyo a bunch, be nice to your yoyo. That should cover it if you need anymore help just post it on the forum and someone will help.

if you want to lube the maverick bearing don’t do what i used to do, which was dripping the lube right onto the bearing. take a quetip that has had some lube on it and just lightly dab the balls in the bearing with it then put the bearing on a pencil and spin it around a few times to get everything moist. Do not spin the bearing on the yoyo after you lube it you could get the brakes lubed too and then binding is really hard.

Actually, the brilliant thing about side effect yoyos such as the Benchmarks is it takes away a lot of the worry of stripping the yoyo. One can unscrew to their hearts content knowing that if they accidentaly cross-thread their side effects, a new pair will only cost like $12.00 :slight_smile:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still it’s best to be careful when unscrewing and putting your yoyo back together, but it’s nice to know that if it goes wrong you won’t ruin it completely.

completely forgot about the H having side effects and i have owned one too.

Thanks alot everyone!! Very helpful advice and I can already tell this is a good community. Ive been a car enthusiast for years and every newb there pretty much gets a mandatory trolling. Good to see you guys are actually helpful. I dinged my maverick the first day of throwing it for a good amount of time, so I went out and bought myself a 3ft by 6ft peice of carpet(I call it my yoyo pad). And ill make sure to take all the advice in and thanks again.