Ive always had trouble with this...

I was revisiting this trick today and ran into an old problem…

Mcbride rollercoaster! I’ve done this trick 100s of times and when I hit the ending right I feel like I got lucky!

At the end, where you put your TH pointer in the trapeze and roll the yoyo around both pointers twice and land in a ToN… I have the hardest time isolating the outermost string for the yoyo to land on! I usually land on multiple strings making the end of the trick where you unwind (like rewind ending) impossible.

Any pointers for landing this right more consistently? I had similar trouble with magic drop until I learned to get the string all the way to the base of my NTH pointer and then point down and away to separate the string segments…

Thanks for any pointers…

Don’t worry about landing on the outer most string. Even in Andre’s video he says it’s not important.

Then just drop the loops from the throw hand and unwind the wraps on the non throw hand and you’re done.

1 Like

He doesn’t say that in the video. He says it can be difficult to land on just the one string that you want.

I may be mis-remembering it then. I know when I was having the same problem I found a discussion on these forums where people were saying not to worry about it. I’m almost sure I hear Andre say it on one of his videos.

I’ll see if I can find the other thread. There was some good advice there.

I think the point is you just need to realize where you land so you can ether exit like lindy loops or rewind. but I will try a test it out and see if I can come up with something that works haven’t done that trick in forever! XD