It’s not mint it’s almost unused!

Fortunately, there is a legal definition of a “new” car and it pertains to record of sale, title issuance, etc – mileage is not a factor.

Unfortunately, yo-yo law hasn’t quite caught up yet so it’s still a gray area yet to be worked out. Hopefully the Supreme Court puts it on the docket soon.

In the meantime, people are free to put their grubby little Cheeto hands all over a yoyo and still sell it as new.

6 Likes

I refuse to purchase any pair of undies that are not almost unused!

5 Likes

Most prefer them at least nmtbs!

3 Likes

Even better NOS (new old stock)

3 Likes

B Grade for light streaks and stains to the ano

1 Like

Extra collectability for Brown Mongu or Black Unknown Editions.

There is a Chicken Strips Chief up on ebay as well;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174430640565

Though Alec Campbell is a Heaven Sent Creep these days

1 Like

lmao this topic really took a turn for the worst! :rofl:

2 Likes

As long as we all keep it YoYo related.

1 Like

a mib just sold for $190

2 Likes

It does seem like the rarer Chiefs have increased in value quite a bit in the last year. I’ve still yet to try a Chief. Seems I should have picked one up a couple years ago.

3 Likes

i agree on the rarer chiefs… it seems the market for the chief overall has cooled though (compared to this time last year for example). so if you do want to try one, you could pick one up for a fair price i’d say… and, it’s worth picking up imo. it’s reliable above all. and, when i was trimming down parts of my collection, i would compare other pieces to
it to see if they could ‘fill a gap’ the chief couldn’t…

2 Likes

I have a few Chief’s as they’re my personal favourite. I see a few coming up these days for a reasonable price. They spike in value for a short while then fall back, like everything.

4 Likes

Can you elaborate as to why this is?

1 Like

Without sounding purposefully trite; I like a lot of yoyo’s and the Chief is the throw I enjoy playing with the most.

EDIT - I like how they play, hand feel, aesthetics, how I felt when I got my first Chief, the history attached to the 40 or so Chief’s I have now - how I got them, who they came from, how different runs play and feel. Lots of subjective ‘stuff’. End of the day - I love a Chief.

5 Likes

Not trite. This is the essence of the yo! Thank you.

3 Likes

Same seller…

2 Likes

a bargain at any price!

1 Like

Hello. Any thoughts on the value of these two yo yo’s i’d like to sell. One is a new in the box, never thrown Duncan Mondial. The other is a one of a kind Ozzy Osbourne 1998 Ozzfest yo you with a .999 troy ounce silver face in it’s unopened factory packaging.DuncanMondial.jpg

3 Likes

maybe $80 on the mondial, +/- 10%. though there isn’t a demand for them, there is a collectibility aspect for some folks

as for ozzy, you’ll likely be looking for a heavy metal collector, (or a metal collector :wink:) to get a better value out if it :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like