Is this an OG Edge or 1.5?

Hey guys. Bought this awhile back on the FB BST and can’t remember if it’s an OG Edge or 1.5. Anyone know?

2 Likes

it looks OG (as in this thing looks beast)

2 Likes

I got it for pretty cheap, too (I think $40 shipped) but it has a fair bit of vibe I haven’t been able to tune out. Love the colorway tho.

2 Likes

yeah the colorway looks super awesome!

I’ll give you $39 for it.

Kidding, colorway is very pretty.

Can you weigh it? The 1.5 is heavier

If I recall correctly this is an og colorwat

1 Like

Reported weights can vary wildly from site to site. If it’s just a matter of a gram or two the only way to know for sure is to also weight a control on the same scale in the same configuration (assembled vs not, with string or without, etc).

1 Like

It’s 1.5. I had one, just sold it in fact.

Edit: there was a very rare, very similar OG colorway, but that’s not it. It had almost or no silver, IIRC.

1 Like

I believe this is a 1.5

I believe this was included with the other 1.5 colorways, which included red with white speckles, blue with white speckles, and the half swap of the previous two.

2 Likes

@ryanmcg @Imdavid122 my heroes, ty!!!

2 Likes

All you have to do is measure the width to find out. Original is like 47mm wide while the 1.5 is 45

1 Like

The Edge is such a weird yo-yo to me. It seems like such an inefficient design compared to a lot of competition yo-yos and yet clearly is highly capable. And IMO it’s not exactly the most attractive shape.

1 Like

The 1.5 is the same width as the OG. It’s 1.5 grams heavier, all in the SS rings.

2 Likes

I stand corrected, nice :+1:

1 Like