Breeze feel?

I’m not looking to get an evaluation or quality here, I just want to know what this yo-yo feels like on the string and how it plays. It seems like it matches my spec preferences 100%, even down to using the weight rings to concentrate weight slightly back from the rims. That distribution is present on my current favorites, the Raiser and the Kayak, but I’m hesitant to shell out over 100$ on something that might not play how I like.

Someone on the forums has me 90% convinced to buy this yo-yo but sometimes people have different opinions on how a given yo-yo plays. If you like the way super light yo-yos play, for example, you might have different standards as to what feels heavy.

My main concerns are whether or not the yo-yo
A. Plays fast and feels light
B. Is relatively stable.

Can anyone who owns this yo-yo chime in?

3 Likes

If possible, try one out at a yoyo meet up or event. Otherwise, see about getting a NM (Near Mint) one off the BST for a lower price. Best of luck! :sparkles:

2 Likes

I wish it were that easy. I am fortunate enough to live less than an hour and a half from a yo-yo hub, but I have two jobs and can’t find the time or energy to make it out to their monthly club.

2 Likes

I think you will love it. I actually think it has some similar qualities to the Kayak in terms of how it moves in space… it has this amazing power and stability to it without the normal ‘heavy’ rim weight feeling you get. The design is just really well done and even comfortable in the hand. Definitely one of the smoothest bi-metal designs out there!

And you have seen Chandler with it yeah?! :blush:

9 Likes

Thanks for the input Andre! I think you’ve sold me. While I have your attention, I couldn’t seem to find any information on the yoyo club on the A2Z site. I’d like to try and find time to make it out there at least a couple times but I’m not sure when/where it is. Feel free to PM about this if you don’t feel it’s appropriate for this thread.

3 Likes

We’ve already talked a bit about the Breeze before, but I thought I’d share my thoughts for anyone else that’s interested.

It is definitely fast, light, and very stable. Floaty, I’m not so sure. I tend to associate that word with more relaxed laid back throws, and this thing is not laid back at all. This thing wants to shred at all times. It’s fantastic if you’re looking for a competition oriented throw to jam on or learn new things with, but it still has some Good Life charm to it. It doesn’t feel like a dull machine. :ok_hand:t2:

I fully agree with Andre’s assessment. I would add that it is so stable and powerful, it can give the impression that it’s fairly solid despite it’s light weight. It’s like when you’re playing with it, it makes you very aware that it is light because it zips around easily, but it also has a very commanding presence. It’s like it thinks it’s heavy, but it isn’t. Seriously. I don’t know how else to describe it. lol.

5 Likes

And I definitely appreciated your input, I just wanted to get some other people’s perspective because like I mentioned everyone has slightly different views of what light/heavy/fast feels like, and I want to be sure when buying one yo-yo for 130 instead of 2 or 3. Especially since I don’t have too much experience with more recent yo-yos and new brands.

2 Likes

Totally understandable! If you bite, let me know what you think! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Here’s what I posted in a different topic:

And I posted this in another topic:

If this yoyo intrigues you, I urge you to obtain one. It’s easily one of my favorites.

3 Likes

Mine is on the way, thanks for the input everyone!

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking about buying a Breeze also. This topic just moved it up the list, once I get over the insane yoyo spending spree I’ve been on ever since the beginning of May I’ll get one. There’s just been so many great drops and great yoyos on the bst.

2 Likes

I just bought one, I’ll post in this thread when it arrives to tell you how I like it.

Me too! What is it about May and June that I go wild every year buying YoYos!

Also, check out that sick stack on home boys head! What balance! I’ll bet he plays Kendama!

2 Likes

Hey! Delayed response! So we have been holding our monthly yoyo meetups the 2nd Friday of each month. But the summer always gets a little chaotic and with Nationals we aren’t doing one in July that we have scheduled. We have also been kind of tentatively planning to try and make it more of a mini contest but working on the right venue for that! So for July/August it might be kind of up in the air but will announce as we finalize… (And I think I have you on that email list too now!) :blush:

You can save the date for Massachusetts State YoYo Contest on Saturday October 19th!

3 Likes

Ah, and I can see it was sponsored by Discourse™! Good job @codinghorror.:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like