is this a danger to my health?

ok so i just got a wedgie today and i love it
but about 2 hours ago i noticed that when i bind doing 5a i get a really painful jolt up my thumb
will my body eventually like mabye grow a calus there or something?

thanks guys i really dont want to get rid of such a great throw for a reason like this

Woah, when you said you got a wedgie and you loved it, I thought you ment like a real wedgie, but back on topic. When I pull up my Bi-metals really hard, I usually get monster pains in my fingers but, its not all that often, so I dont know whats happening with your thumb… :-\

lol i just hit myself in the head with my 888

Wow. That had nothing to do with this thread…

Anyways, I have had this before. It hurts alot, but I haven’t gotten anything like a callus. It just hurts.

ohh i hit my heaad with my die nasty

lol

there’s a slight difference with your head and your finger… When I use my old butterfly (30 years old!) it hurts my finger even when I tug it up… The only cure is a glove I would say…

Edit:but then again the gloves they sell here don’t cover your thumb so disregard.

Well, it sounds like possibly a tendon or ligament having problems, if anything. I would recommend just not yoyoing or using that thumb as much as you can for a few days and then try it again.

You’d do well to ice it, too. Most joint and muscle pains respond well to ice treatment.

Most 5A yo-yos do it, find different ways to hold it and such.

jUST LIVE WITH IT. yOU WILL EITHER GET TO WHERE YOU DON’T NOTICE IT OR JUST IGNORE IT. i GET THAT TOO AND HAVE FOR A LONG TIME. nO WORRIES.

By the way I hate typing with capslock on. I didn’t even notice and I’m not going to change it now! lol