Is there anyway possible

Is there anyway possible that if you nailed a yoyo so hard off the ceiling doing Eli hops that it could cause a yoyo to misalign and tilt to the right? After hitting the ceiling it seems like it is vibrating alot more. Trust me I know all about the Fulvia procession post on here and used the search bar and saw a lot of people say it’s just tilt from bad throws. I swear it didn’t seem to ever lean so much before but maybe I’m crazy. I did try throwing it with each half turned around both ways and it still did seem to be tilting to the right. I also did swap the axle with another proper sized one. Which made me think maybe it is just me. It just seems like it started soon as that happened. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Feel kinda like an idiot making this post after last week’s dilemma haha. It’s an iYoYo shooting star if that info helps at all.

2 Likes

I broke a Yomega Ooch Yo on my ceiling when working on Eli hops.

It is possible that the yoyo could tilt after having a hard hit along the ceiling. Depending on the vibration of the yoyo you could tell how bad its damaged. If the bearing is still in good condition and it still vibrates its probably damaged. Try using a brand new bearing and see if it still vibrates.

Good luck.

1 Like

What was the ceiling made of? If it was standard sheetrock or wood then I’d be surprised if a hit damaged your yoyo. Did it leave a mark on the yoyo?

Ivan

1 Like

It hit just standard drywall. The only mark it really left was from the paint on the ceiling, which rubbed off fairly easily. It’s not completely unusable, but it’s just something that stands out to me now. It’s just kind of something I keep noticing now. I’ll try changing out the bearing tomorrow.

When I purposely throw the shooting star leaning to the left, it will eventually end up leaning slightly to the right. I tried comparing it with my only other unresponsive yo-yo, a GoodLife Valley, and it just seems to spin around over time instead of lean. I know they are completely different shapes and sizes, so I’m not sure if it’s a great comparison. Maybe someone on here has a shooting star to compare?

I don’t know much about this stuff so I’m curious what everyone else thinks.

Try rolling the yoyo on a flat surface and see if it rolls straight without wobble.

4 Likes