Fix tilting

Hope everyone is doing well, I’m currently using a YYF K’edge (kitty string fat and YYF center track C bearing ) and it’s been tilting like crazy without even reaching a long combo.
I don’t think it’s the bearing i cleaned it multiple time, sure it’s not spinning as smooth or as long when it first came but i don’t think that’s the problem here.
The yoyo body its self has some scratches maybe minor damages ( yes i dinged the yoyo multiple times) but i don’t think that’s the problem either.
So what’s left? Yes it’s the AXLE, but i really can’t change it , it just won’t come of i really tried everything.
IF u have other reasons that could cause the tilting feel free to share it thank you.

1 Like

It’s your technique that’s causing the tilting, keep practicing your breakaway throw.

2 Likes

I don’ t think it is since this problem is recent, there wasn’t any tilt before tho.

What happens when you throw a good sleeper?

1 Like

Does the yo-yo look out of alignment at all? Did anyone possibly step on it? Seems you already know the axle may be bent.

there is no problem with any vibe whatsover, but it tilts even if the yoyo isn’t dying

Yes i’ve noticed that lately, so my yoyo has on each part ( one part says yoyofactory evan nagao, and the other says Edge with its logo), and im pretty sure these 2 parts should be exactly aligned to each other when the yoyo is screwed together.
Well turns out they don’t align anymore

Wrap the half with the stuck axle in a clean washcloth and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes. This may make the axle easier to remove. I am hoping this works and then you may be able to replace the axle.

1 Like

Thanks man, will try this !

1 Like

A bent axle wouldn’t cause the yo-yo to tilt, it would only really cause some vibe. I would guess the bearing isn’t spinning well and causing the yo-yo to slow down. If you already cleaned the bearing and it is spinning fine then it is 100% a technique issue.

6 Likes