Is the yoyo community declining?

All I know is one of my posts received a “Thank You” from Steve Brown!!

It just don’t get no better’n dat!

(…and yoyoing is thriving as an avocation.)

1 Like

The cahrt you posted just proves my point in digital downloads?

I disagree studio… Very possibly in your area video game sales tanked but where I live it’s business as usual. The last GameStop I was in was loaded and that was not very long ago. I’m still buying games from GameStop… Lol.

Yes, people still buy the titles, for now. I know plenty of people who never game anymore except on their phones that but the latest titles.

So your sample size for the theory “Gaming is on a decline” is “The people I know?”

1 Like

Maybe if the amount of people gaming went down, then the amount of people taking up hobbies such as yoyoing would go up…

I wouldn’t say people want it to go mainstream. However, a little increase of the yoyo community would be cool. I can say for myself I would love for some of my friends or other close people to pick up yoyo. But some people just do not seem interested and it is kind of sad because I get a lot of fun out of doing it. To say if the community is going down is hard to tell, but I would say it is about the same.

Yes

I’d personally like yoyoing to be somewhere as popular as skating. Everyone knows the crazy things you can do with them, not everyone does it, but enough people do it that you’ll find quite a few people in each area that do it, so you can hang out.