Is the skyline logistically better then the 888, why did it never catch on the same?

Is the skyline better then the 888, why has it never aught on the same?

1 Like

Better? Only you can choose which is better. I owned many 888’s and never got excited about any of them, sold, traded, or gave each of them away. I never disliked them but I always picked up something else to play. I got a skyline and will most likely always have it. It’s not that much different but just different enough for me.

It’s really just about what you enjoy!

2 Likes

thanks for the reply! I owned an 888 back when they first came out and i remember it being fun but i was a kid and i haven’t had that one for years, but now it seems that everyone wants one or is very nostalgic about them… some of that has rubbed off on me, i own a few skylines, and i love them because they have that same 2000s era yyf touch to them, but no one seems to really care about the skyline like they do about the 888 so ive always been curious

You cannot argue that the 888 was and is still greatly loved by many. I personally am very happy with the skyline and will probably never (always leave the door open a crack to possibilities) own another 888.

If you remember the 888 fondly maybe you should try another. I will say though, all models of the 888 are not created equal. I tried so hard to enjoy the yoyo. I owned so many of the models and could feel differences but not in the direction to meet my preferences. My last attempt was the skyline. I figured it was basically a new version of the 888. I liked it.

2 Likes

i like the skyline too, im always looking to pick up an 888, but people usually price them higher then im willing to dish out haha after all it’d mostly be a nostalgia purchase

I don’t think I can say I would prefer a skyline to an older 888. Now if we are talking an 888x then yes I think a skyline is on par and a touch better. Both the skyline and the 888 feel nice in hand, there is just a bit more power driving the 888 that I really like. As far as being smooth the skyline is going to take the cake in most examples, not to say a finely tuned 888 can’t be smooth. A lot of the love for 888s surely comes from living and loving them through their prime, so I won’t argue nostalgia plays a role in opinion. I think objectively I can stand back and say had I not loved 888s so much in the late 2000s I would be perfectly content owning just a skyline.

So there a complicated post that doesn’t give you a defined answer, but maybe some clarity on if you need to chase the white stag that is an '07 888.

1 Like

eh im more so just looking to own an 888 again i think is what this is , i miss the one i had when i was younger, i didn’t appreciate hubstacks for what they were before they more or less vanished, im on a 2000s kick lately and the 888 was very meaningful to the early years of my yo-yoing

Then go for it, I have a purple 888x ill snap some pics of when I get home from work tonight if you would be interested

1 Like

thats an awesome one!! i think the 888x would be a little to high priced for me since they are a little more rare