is the protostar better than the counter attack

I didn’t get any problem from my New Breed…
I love it…
and I think a lot of people likes the DM…

im not saying there bad yoyos. im just saying that they dont always come the same quality of the pictures

I’m saying that because I wanted him to know that it wasn’t a BAD yoyo to buy…

I believe he’s saying that YYJ yoyos are good but they aren’t consistent in quality when compared to other yoyo companies like YYF.

YES! thx man there good yyj yoyos are good …WHEN they come in good quality, which in the case f yyj dose not always happen that all i was trying to say, that with yyj yoyos you may not get the quality you expected.

I dun think you should buy both of those if your still new in binding …I’m having hard time to bind the Counter Attack rite now …And I have to make it to prevent ‘slip’ of the yo-yo at then end of string(throw)

Den I borrow an expert for a test…he said Counter Attack is perfect to me …ESP the bind-- the winding up is good …his bind den throw does not show and slipping at the end of string …o.O

Well dude it r prty obvious wat u hav 2 do. Ju must replace teh K-pads, and den da binds will b bettar.

LOL!!!

1 Like

I not sure wheter mine is K-pad or not…white colour …not CBC med pad?

And I just bought it …and having the problem…since from the 1st day i using it…its been a week im using it now …

either way, k-pad or not, it should work fine. Really, its you with binding problem(No offense intended) all you have to do is keep at it and practice. use the search button and look up sme vids or make a new thread. everybody here will be happy to help.

that why I said it is not recommended for ppl that is still new in binding or not familiar…

Metal Zero and Legacy is so much easier to bind compare to Counter ATtack

when you can bind, you can bind any yoyos…

correct me if i’m wrong

No need to correct you, you’re absolutely right.

U are right,but its all about skill and a perfect bind.binding will be useless if u get a knot all the time

Nope… But at the same time do you think he wants a middle man of a yoyo so he can bind perfectly when he gets his beasty Protostar and/or Counter Attack? through struggle with binding, he will either learn to bind well, or go crazy from trying and give up for ever… im rooting for choice 1…

Going crazy is just a “phase” right before getting good at something. I think we all remember the Split Bottom Mount struggle everybody had or will have

y? the protostar is advanced, the counter attack is beginner to intermediate. i just ordered the protostar…rocks…

Just because the descriptions give it one level doesn’t mean the yoyo is exactly that level.
The YYJ Speeder used to be under Intermediate to Advanced, yet Mickey won the World 1A Title 3 times in a row with it.
The YYF Velocity was under Beginner to INtermediate, yet I myself am working on the Master tricks here at the Learn Section and many others have mastered Ladder Escape with this amazing plastic. Grant Johnson is rocking it with the “Intermediate” Legacy all over the country, and Andre shows you himself the awesome sthings you can do with The Dark Magic which was also under the Intermediate to Advanced
I opened my Counter Attack on Christmas and I love it. Just because it’s beginner to Intermediate doesn’t mean it can’e do anything ADvanced. I am constantly landing har tricks with it so the given skill level doesn’t mean it.
Like I said before, it’s about preference.

1 Like