Is the forum dying?

So many people have seemingly left, or took a break from the forums. Im not as active because its our intramurals this week and i cant use my school ipad (which i use in class to check on the forums, ehe)

@anon19434144
He HAD a different name back then, and was more active.

There are also a few people that i want to mention, but ill just put this.

“etc.”

What do you think about it?

4 Likes

Stats do not indicate “death”, no. You can see them at

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/about

It is normal for people to come and go, I think some folks just stop being interested in yo-yos after a while.

9 Likes

We did lose a number after the redesign, they’re still involved just not here :pensive:

5 Likes

2 people publicly leaving the forums doesn’t make it “dead”. A lot of my favorite threads are very active!

9 Likes

Idk but the forum just doesn’t feel the same without Chris. :<

4 Likes

Who is Chris?

5 Likes

i dont know, why is chris?

5 Likes

Chrisfrancz.
(different name now though, sadly.)

1 Like

its natural for people to leave. so why dont we just try to get new members even more? i know it might not be the same but they can make this forum more diverse and have more people on it

7 Likes

then, we shall EXPAND the population.

*read in a deep, heroic voice.
shall we?

4 Likes

Wait, when/ why did Chris leave?

He announced his leave a like two weeks ago? Gave no real reason as to why

1 Like

Chris was/is a nice dude. I wish him well, but I feel like he prefers to be on the outside of things.

3 Likes

Chris now goes by the name of @anon19434144. It will never be the same without him. :cry:

Chris asked that his account be deleted. The forum software auto changed his user name.

As far as the forum being dead? Seems pretty active to me.

5 Likes

I’ll miss him.

1 Like

He seemed to have boundless enthusiasm for yoyoing and the community. His departure is puzzling.

2 Likes

Well I have read his 'zines so I have some insight. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle, you just can’t always see what it is from the outside.

6 Likes

Agreed. I speculate that perhaps it was time to take a break from the forum and social media in general. It’s easy to get too engrossed in online communities; stuff starts getting under your skin more easily. It happens

1 Like

New to this specific forum but not a virgin to forums in any way, people come and go - it’s cyclical…most people here are kind, I’m used to the smart-a** tonality (some people here got it :wink:) but I’m sure new people will fill his cyber shoes - perhaps he will make a return!

5 Likes