Is the Duncan Freehand Nextgen worth it?

I want to get into 5A, the best I can do is like a Bee Sting. I’ve been considering the Freehand Nextgen but also its predecessor the Freehand Pro. I currently am using an unresponsive Yoyojam Classic, should I stick with it or cop one of the Freehands? Thanks.

3 Likes

The Classic is still a great plastic so it depends on your motivation. If you want to try something new, go for it. If you’re thinking it might perform better it probably won’t; that’s going to have to come from you working at it and getting better.

4 Likes

I prefer the Classic tremendously compared to the next gen.

I grabbed a clear next gen, and it vibes like crazy. The classic is a solid design though.

If you want to upgrade maybe grab a YYR Triad, those things are insane

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I’ve played a Classic but I enjoyed it more than the Freehand Pro(never tried Nextgen).

I would get a Protostar hands down at that price tbh. Not even a competition

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys, my classic has actually been faring quite well so I think ill stick with it, I don’t think the freehands offer any significant advantages other than the obvious Duncan brand recognition & patent. I’m best off getting better at 5a & then getting something like a cannon or an origami.

3 Likes

I’m actually super into the protostar, but before I pull the trigger on one, is there any difference between the traditional one & the Japan edition one? Have you ever tried it?

I own a Protostar and I love it, but I’ve been out of the loop so long I can’t really speak on how it compares to other stuff at that price point. Definitely better than a FH Pro though.

2 Likes

The Freehands are great for their price point. The Freehand NeXtgen is a little narrower than the Freehamd Pro. I really like mine, but I also enjoy all of the other Freehands in the series as well.

4 Likes