Is the Dazzling Dave´s Frostbite yoyo any good?

So I am planning to buy a starter yoyo and I know about the dazzling dave frostbite yoyo. It has responsive and unresponsive bearing and it is made by a national yoyo master so I think it could be a good option. But since there are no reviews on it, could someone please tell me if it´s any good?

It’s a re-branded Recess First Base, and the First Base is amazing. Go for it!

4 Likes

It’s a renamed First Base from Recess.

It’s a great starter yoyo, there’s probably no one out there that would say something bad or negative about this throw. I think the cool thing about it is that, it’s still really fun to play even after you pass your beginner stages.

2 Likes

Thank you. I also noticed it hada very similar shape to the recess first base. But does the first base come with a unresponsive flat bearing, or a konkave bearing?

Concave unresponsive and flat half spec

2 Likes

Like others said it’s a first base but man is the first base a fun yoyo. Dazzling Dave is cool go for it you won’t regret it.

1 Like

I think the frost bite comes with a flat unresponsive bearing instead of centering? He showed it in one of his videos. Great yoyo , it’s fun.

1 Like

Yeah I also saw that on the product picture. That is why I was aking if the first base had the same feature

1 Like

Yeah, the first base version comes with a centering.

Does the centering bearing provide any benefits for learning tricks?

1 Like

I honestly never played a flat bearing, I’m sure someone on here can tell you. From what I know centering just helps prevent the string from rubbing against response pads a little more I believe.

Centering keeps it on plane a bit more. Less likely lose spin because you’re less likely to hit the response/walls. It makes your a tad easier but it’s not like a magic pill or anything. You’re not gonna not know how to bind on a flat and magically start throwing whips with a centering bearing.

Some folks believe a flat forces more concentration and better technique for learning but learning the motions is what matters so early on. Depending on what you already know you’ll probably start on the thin half spec bearing anyway for tug response and move up to the unresponsive setup. By then you could buy a cheap set of ss concave bearings if you enjoy it.

2 Likes

This is the exact answer i was looking for but didnt know how or where to ask…my yoyos mostly have had flat bearings but i noticed some didnt and i didnt really know the differene in what they do.

1 Like

Type of bearing in my Opinion isn’t as important as quality and honestly if you have enough spares that’s not really important either. I like having more bearings than yo-yos cause I’m lazy and not a fan of cleaning bearings often.

2 Likes

I know! The process of cleaning a bearing seems very annoying. Id love to have a pile sitting around to jst swap out when need to

It’s not as annoying as you may think. I’ve never actually cleaned mine in alcohol before, I just add a drop or two of some One Drop lube whenever I hear the bearing get noisier than usual.

1 Like

It’s not that bad I just would rather do a bunch in one batch vs one or two. Swishing the yoyo in a solvent isn’t all that much effort unless you reshaped your bearings then idk that’s allot.