is the anglam really better then like...... the chief?

i did!!! but i just like dicussing anything wrong with that?

[quote=“yuki_onitsura,post:20,topic:54833”]
That’s assuming the Berserker is accurately priced…

Mickey won the big contests and created an image which has successfully allowed a premium to be charged for yoyos with his name on it. This was true when he was with YYJ and is still true now.

[quote=“theTopo,post:22,topic:54833”]

Oh, I’d like to see the Berserker go down to about $150 or so but as long as C3 are successfully pushing Berserkers at $180, I think Mickey can get away with pushing Anglams at about $220. I do agree on the point of Mickey’s winning being a driving factor behind the premium. When he was on YYJ it seemed like every signature model he had was more expensive than the last one.

Yuki

good, nothing but you were so obsessed and didn’t even have one.

You guys are all forgetting the exchange rate…

Or you could get an Anglam and Yoyofficer Brave…

What does that have to do with a yoyos price?

It would be less but it’s imported from Japan, like YYR yoyos they are expensive because of that. I’m not sure if that’s what makes it more expensive but if you look on YYR’s website their yoyos are about $30 less than on yoyoexpert.

Uh… Everything? A yoyo priced in Yen will obviously fluctuate in dollars as the exchange rates vary. Right now Anglams are around $225, which is obviously less than when they were $289 last year. Likewise North American yoyos are now significantly more expensive in Japan than last year, so hopefully CLYW and One Drop have made adjustments for this.

To the original point, i think an Anglam at $225 is just as good value for money as a Chief at $145-$165. It’s not just a matter of the material costs, but also the extra machining steps and effort required to fit the rings and assemble everything.

The Berserker and Berserker RX are made in China, whereas the Anglam is made in Japan, so that + titanium makes a $45 premium seem not a bad deal. I owned an Anglam, thought it was pretty good, but a bit heavy, played nice, but i don’t know if it played $289 nice(what i paid for it). At $225 it’s much more compelling, although the YYR Draupnir at $198 might be the best balance of price/performance/materials in the high-end hybrid metal yoyo market.

As far as the Chief goes it’s just ok, ugly design with that hub, plays hollow and cheap feeling, owned 3, including buying a first run from YYE when they first came out long ago, but they’ve never done much for me. Would i recommend a chief? No. Would i recommend an Anglam? No. Would i suggest you buy something like an YYR Attune off the B/S/T for less than either? Absolutely. Stop obsessing, these threads are annoying. Buy a yoyo and throw, i guarantee it won’t be the last one you ever buy.

No its people like u who make these threads annoying I just posted it to discuss on the yoyo general discussion page so if u don’t like it leave

I’m sick of people saying my threads or anybody else’s threads are stupid. U don’t have to read them

Ignore the people saying your threads are stupid.

But, here’s a few tips:
There really isn’t “better/best” in this area.

UNLESS the product is by it’s very nature an inferior product(such as a yoyo that’s just a poorly made hunk of junk), terms like good/better/best/bad are all a matter of opinion and preference. I may love something, someone else may hate it. That’s NORMAL.

The same goes for string, bearings, responses, lubrication, bearing cleaning and virtually anything else.