Is the 3yo3 Volume plastic?

Look up.

It’s made of delrin.


Is that a type of plastic?

It’s a smoother kind of plastic. Grinds great and feels a bit softer in hand than polycarbonate (the stuff most plastic yoyos are made of).



Please lock the thread before we get the smart aleks in here debating what delrin is…

It’s also an absolutely amazing yoyo.

But derlin is a grate meterial. I love how it’s mold-injected, too.

1 Like

cue flood of corrections and debate


I believe it is spelled derlin.


It’s definitely machined Celecon. What’s this derlin stuff?

Landons awesome you definitely need to get one of his throws!

Actually, the real term is acetal.

But the real real term is polyoxymethylene :smiley:

Polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as acetal, polyacetal and polyformaldehyde, sold variously by such names as Delrin, Celcon and Hostaform.

formaldehyde… that’s why they sleep so good… 8)


ooooooo i see wut u did dere XD

No, it is like celcon, only it is not monopolymerized.
I thought it was deLrin. Not deRlin.

Same here :).
VolumeBLK by The TotalArtist, on Flickr
VolumeBLKb by The TotalArtist, on Flickr
VolumeWT by The TotalArtist, on Flickr
VolumeWTb by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Yep they’re Delrin/POM/Acetal/Celcon/whatever

ALSO! They’re HAND machined, each one individually, by me! Not injection molded :stuck_out_tongue: