Is one titanium yoyo worth it when you can buy 3-4 aluminum ones for the same price?

Only really extreme vibe would cause rotational slow down.

These shapes are desirable because they have very extreme weight distributions. They are usually extremely rim weighted with very thin bodies and/or wide.

2 Likes

Andre can we have a yoyo shirt that says ā€˜Eat More Pagpagā€™? I donā€™t care who makes it I would wear it! Hell I would probably bath in it!

2 Likes

Wood has a charm all of itā€™s own. And Ti is really nice, especially in the hand. I also love the pinging sound the metal makes.

3 Likes

Yeah, you cant beat the sound of titanium in play!

6 Likes

Yes but Ti has no restraints, walls can be super thin and you can play with the play characteristics a little better.

You can shape it however you want. And have massive rim weight without it being to bulky.

2 Likes

I would never part with my B.S.P. or my Sovereign.
I had a real bad magnesium thing going on but I think Iā€™ve got that under control.

3 Likes

I understand the feeling on that, anything made out of Time is bound to be fun.

1 Like

Oh and in reply to the original poster the answer is yes.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a beautiful thing when you get to that point, knowing what works best, shape material preferences and whatnot, the only constantly changing thing for me is string.

I donā€™t think I could ever just stick to one kind of string.

1 Like

I think you might have misunderstood my post, I was replying to the ā€œpagpagā€ post above mine lol

1 Like

Titanium is only worth it if you think its worth it.

4 Likes

Is titanium ā€˜worth itā€™?

Worth what?

I donā€™t think for anybody on any kind of budget; no titanium is worth it.

ā€¦ Insightful look>. I donā€™t: smoke, drink, do drugs, no medical weed, I donā€™t gamble and I seldom travel.

The end result is that I end up with discretionary funds that I otherwise would not have.

So; when I buy a Titanium yoyo; I usually have the funds.

Titanium yo-yos can be an excellent experience; no doubt. But few people need to bounce for a Ferrari just because it can beat your station wagon down the street:

Both cars will get you down the block.

There are excellent yo-yos for a 10th the cost of some titanium yoyo.

Better to get a half dozen non Ti yo-yos.

Soā€¦ to directly answer the original questionā€¦

No; not worth it.

4 Likes

Yes I know @codinghorror has said the same but I feel like the better route would be to experience as many different yo-yos as possible. If you have plenty of discretionary income then this conversation is irrelevant but personally Iā€™d rather have variety than a single Ti (yes Iā€™m oversimplifying)

3 Likes

Ohā€¦I almost fell for that TITANIUM HYPE tooā€¦but did not have the funds eitherā€¦but one day on the forum BST a member had a $300 Rook for sale because he had sparked it!? I bought it cheap! I used some 1500 level sandpaper and buffed-out all the dings and sparking marks and it plays like a dreamā€¦best part is I donā€™t have to worry about it and I CAN enjoy the throw like it should beā€¦thatā€™s when I learned to appreciate the titanium Yoyo my friendsā€¦

6 Likes

You sir are a Lucky & wise player!

I thought Titanium throws didnā€™t get dings or spark marks.

1 Like

Not true! They handle them way better than aluminum though! I believe the metal your looking for was used on Wolverine! Still that was dinged by Magneto.

3 Likes

Sparks come at a cost.

Nobody rides for free

I have so many Ti yo-yos. But I refused to spark any of them.

One day I was talking about yo-yos and a guy said, ā€˜You have to have at least 1 Ti yoyo you can sparkšŸ¤”

So that night I got out a good number of Ti yo-yos. They all had something in common; I like all of them.

But one stood out. The Ti dream. Mainly because I have 5 of them. I decided to dedicate ā€˜1ā€™ of my Titanium yo-yos as a Sparker.

Way more fun than I thought. But I would not suggest anybody with only one Ti yoyo; bother to spark it.
Itā€™s not that amazing to spark a yoyo.

6 Likes

So true in every respect. Truth be known, I quit buying high end yoyos, new or used, when the price went over $100. Yeah, I guess Iā€™m cheap. My son told me I was cheap once too. He said we needed a boat. I pointed out that we had a really nice canoe in the garage.

4 Likes

How does the TIRROX play compared to the HIDRA? (assuming you have played a HIDRA)

1 Like