Is my Code 2 silver plated?

Hello helpful yo-yo experts,

I picked up a One Drop Code 2 on the BST that is allegedly silver plated, but now that it’s in my possession it looks more like standard clear beadblast. Are there any One Drop experts or employees out there who can help me figure out what finish this is?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Looks like what onedrop posted on twitter for their silver plated code 2. Your’s has engravings though which kind of throws it off.

1 Like

Focusing on the rims, the silver plated one in the OD photo looks much shinier than yours, which looks like a clear Pyramatte finish. That plus it being laser engraved makes me think it’s Pyramatte. We could also ask @da5id to confirm whether or not silver-plated CODE2’s were engraved at all.

2 Likes

It’s hard to tell with pics. The photo quality varies a lot and can affect the results.

1 Like

How much does it weigh?

2 Likes

Ooh good question!

One half (without SE) is 30.7g. Assembled with clear spikes and a 10 ball it weighs in at 66.75g

That’s right at what the listed weight for the Pyramatte CODE2s is on One Drop’s site, not sure how much heavier a silver plated one would be

1 Like

I would think silver adds at least half a gram but maybe I’m wrong.

The finish definitely isn’t pyramatte, but I think it’s blasted clear anodizing. For reference, here’s a clear pyramatte parlay, the code 2, and a sodablasted kuntosh 5000qv (with unblasted catch zone)

Guess it’s time to get in touch with the seller…

2 Likes

That definitely does not look like silver plate. Silver plate gives an almost white look that tends to look more dirty when the patina forms but doesn’t necessarily darken.

1 Like

Yeah that was my other thought, it’s clearly been played but isn’t tarnished or patina’d at all. Seems like probably a miscommunication somewhere down the line when it changed hands, I don’t think anyone would misrepresent it intentionally

2 Likes

Definitely Clear Anodizing.

5 Likes