Is it safe?

My sister is almost 20 doesn’t have a phone, and she is fine with it. I have an ipod touch, which i am fine with. I don’t need no 3g!

Every time I see or hear of a kid with a 400 dollar phone I just want to punch their parents in the face. I don’t care if you can or can’t afford it even. I’ve worked since before I was of legal age to work, and I’ve had to bust for everything in my life. Kids today have no sense of work and a huge sense of entitlement. Ranting aside, I sure as hell wouldn’t be buying my kid an iPhone if he wrecked two phones in two months prior.

Isn’t it rash to simply punch the parent?
I have had one too many phones, but I don’t see why not if I worked extremely hard for it. I do work for my mom’s boss, do community service at the local parish center, as well as holding honors grades.
Then again. Everybody is different. I’ve worked a lot to be able to get what I have.

If you worked for it, you probably treat it with respect (Yes?). The kids whose parents just buy them a better phone when it breaks, learn to break stuff to get more expensive stuff (I’ve seen it many times). The former is fine by me, but the latter is not. The problem is, most people tend to fall towards the latter of the two.

I had a friend, who Played hockey (He really just liked to check). When he wanted a new $350 stick to replace his $200 stick, he took his pocketknife and put gouges in it. He wanted a new helmet another time, so he ripped the foam padding out of the inside. Does this deserve better stuff?

I also know a girl who wanted a better phone than her low end Droid. During Health class, she hit the screen against her chair to crack it so that she could get a cheap iPhone from her carrier. Funny enough, it didn’t work, and she’s stuck with a cracked-screed Droid to this day.

Don’t be an example.

Not exactly true. Most plans you pay for data (e.g. $70/month unlimited for T Mobile) and then have the option of adding on a contract for a phone. You are totally free to, say, buy a phone individually and then sign for service with whoever. Usually the actual service is way more. If he bricks his phone, which is unlikely, he can probably get a decent new one for under a few hundred. I’m super frugal about buying yoyos, and I still have at least enough to be worth that.

You have to remember that what you’re paying for service wise isn’t just the cost of them sending the information to you, but also the overhead that was involved in setting up towers and everything needed to do that. I’m not saying prices are necessarily fair.

Back to the actual topic, if that’s going any further, I doubt you’ll mess up your phone if you look into it. Just be sure of what you’re doing. Probably best just browse forums and whatnot to make sure what you want to do will work with your model, firmware, etc since I know apple doesn’t like people to do it. (all the more reason to?)

Okay, to be honest, this was uncalled for.
My parents didn’t pay for the phone and they don’t pay for the service on it. It’s my money that I made, not my parents money. If you’re too lazy to read the rest of the responses in this thread, I didn’t break them. And it’s a $200 phone. Seriously, I ask a legitimate question and you guys decide to go ranting about how I don’t deserve this phone when I do because I make the money myself… And no, it’s not from simply doing chores for obsessive amounts of money. I actually work for the money and buy/sell off ebay.

2 Likes

::slight_smile: its a $600 phone…

Cell Phones: Shop the Top Smartphones Online | Verizon It’s not, and just because I have a phone doesn’t mean you have to be mean about it. I can only imagine what carrying on a conversation with you in real life is like.

It’s actually quite pleasant.
lol.

With a 2 year activation that costs you $50 per month.  Believe me, I have verizon.

My fee is $20 a month, so you must have the 5 gb or unlimited data…

1 Like