Is it safe?

That wasn’t my point.

I know.

And I’m saying if you want to jailbreak or are jail breaking for emulators there is a website to get them without jailbreak. Free…

Yeah, I know. But I’m just basically warning the OP that if he didn’t know what he was doing, then just don’t do it, especially considering the fact that it is his first phone.
I’m not here to argue, if you’re getting that vibe, I’m just keeping you from going off topic by picking it out from what I posted.

Or you can just use the far-superior-in-every-way PC.

What about a Laptop :stuck_out_tongue:

you can never be sure, so make sure you use protection.

but srsly, read all the readmes carefully and make backups and ask any questions at XDA forum.

insert crude joke

1 Like

Name one way besides gaming or programming.

Word processing, spreadsheets, running models, designing, CAD, video editing, picture editing…etc. WEB BROWSING

If your phone can do it, a PC will do it better.

I didn’t break them… They were bought for like $5 each, and I had them when I was 9… this is my first real phone. It costs a hell of a lot less than yoyos, so I don’t see what your problem is?

No, the iphone costs WAY more than a yoyo. The data plans where you get it for 50 bucks, then pay for the obnoxious data plans are insane. It’s basically an interest program. It costs your cell phone company practically nothing for all your data. It’s just you paying for your phone over a few years.

Iphone=$200+$20 plan, Ti yoyo=$500. Your point is invalid.

20$ per month plan over 12 months is already $240, added to the original cost of the phone is $440. And that’s assuming you’l only use the phone for a year. Your argument isn’t that valid.

It is valid to my prior argument, seeing as over a year a lot of the people on this forum spend a lot more on yoyos than $440.

Yes, but it still isn’t valid.

Yoyo - $100 one time payment

iphone - $100+ and $30-$60 per month for two years (Generally, though it obviously depends on your rates).

Okay… Iphone $200 payment one time, then $20 a month…
Oxy ti= one time payment $450…
Not like it would cost less for the service to get a crap phone now would it? I don’t see why you give a crap about my person life anyway. It will be what it will be and you’re not going to change that…

Let’s keep it congenial, hey kids. :wink:

Actually, the plans do cost less.

Anyways, back on topic. Personally, I would, as Apple stuff is no good all locked up (They love locking good features).

I don’t either. But I’m guessing its more “oh I have cash, I’ll get an iPhone” less “you broke two phones!! By joe! Here’s an iPhone, good sir! Jolly good show, jolly”.

I’m not trying to insult op. I just remember back in the day…

ps: didn’t realize there was a flame war above me. And I don’t mean to add any wood.
And op: from what I’ve heard. No matter how you jailbreak, there’s always a chance bad things will happen.

Oh yep, it’s changed.
I don’t know why people are so tight about it. People do things differently. So if you’d buy an Oxy Ti for ~$500, suit yourself. If others would buy their 11 year old an iPhone with a recurring $20 plan, that’s their business.
I don’t aim to be rude. But the things parents do now, have definitely changed from what I’ve seen; I had a small phone in 1st grade, which would only call your parents abs emergency services. I’ve gone through 3 iPhones, 2 sidekicks, and 2 nokias, while being on an Samsung Galaxy s4, currently. And mind you, I’m only 14. Not to forget that I’ve spent nearly a thousand dollars building up my CLYW collection.

My point is, is that people have their own personal lives and preferences. The OP came to ask for advice on the safety of jail breaking his phone, which some people have already answered. This thread instead derailed to a bashing over him getting the ip4 and the costs of a yoyo vs a phone.

1 Like