Is it a bad habit to use 2 fingers for trapeze

There is no right or wrong way to yo-yo. Like many others have said before me, do what feels most comfortable to you and as your skills develop you’ll pick up little tricks and methods along the way. You’re always going to be evolving as a yo-yoer.

Now that I have some experience I can do it any way I want (even with my head haha). But I am trying to learn all the sport ladder tricks and they do have standards, trapeze is the least of my concern though.

Also, quick sport ladder question: I was reading the info and what counts as a “landed” trick and it said if you fail a bind, catch it against your body or use 2 hands to catch etc., it doesn’t count. Consider this scenario, I end up getting a weak bind and the yoyo doesn’t come straight to my hand BUT, I still catch it and te string is wrapped entirely around the yoyo, does this count? It’s pretty hard to explain in words but I hope you get the gist of what I’m trying to say.

I use two fingers.

It may not seem like it now but it will develop into one. Some tricks involve pinching or somehow manipulating the string with those fingers and you obviously cant use them if theyre inside the trapeze. There are some tricks that involve doing what you do, im sure, but dont let it develop into a habit because that can hinder you in many ways.

So you totally disagree with those of us who have already mentioned that at a certain skill level (not even pro level) it won’t matter because you can move your fingers between string segments with impunity? :wink:

Yes that counts.
The rule is as long as there is less than 2 inches outside of the yoyo and it is controlled and in your hand then it is a successful bind.
If you miss the bind or there is more than 2 inches of string outside then it’s not landed.

You wouldn’t be able to do 5A Trapeze and Brother making a trapeze like that. Or 5A Double or Nothing. Or 5A One and a Half Mount. Actually it will screw over a lot of 5A tricks, I think.

For 1A it may not be as big a problem, but I’m not qualified to say as I’m not a very good 1A player.