Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Pretty much what it says. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

3 Likes

it indeed is m8

1 Like

Nah man if a hotdog is a sandwich then a bread bowl is a sandwich. If you’re willing to say a bread bowl is a sandwich ONLY THEN can you say a hotdog is a sandwich.

1 Like

A bread bowl is a sandwich :thinking:

2 Likes

So if a bread bowl is a sandwich then doesn’t that mean anything inside bread counts as a sandwich? That would mean I could go to the store and buy a loaf of bread, cut a hole in it, put like a banana in it, and now it’s a sandwich. That doesn’t seem right to me…

2 Likes

As long as there’s bread and something inside it…

Alright so if we’re gonna draw the line there does a bun count as a sandwich? And this is a filled bun. Let’s say it’s a ham and cheese bun. But there’s no opening in it, it’s just ham and cheese inside a bun, completely surrounded in all directions by bread.

1 Like

This question is my life! If you’re in New York, they are:
https://www.tax.ny.gov/pubs_and_bulls/tg_bulletins/st/sandwiches.htm

1 Like

I think the latest reply drew the line lol

2 Likes

There was actually a lawsuit about whether or not a burrito counted as a sandwich one time. Turns out a burrito is legally not a sandwich.

2 Likes

Oh, then the two pieces of bread ig has to be placed vertically in top of each other

1 Like

But that would mean there has to be two pieces of bread, in which case a hotdog wouldn’t be a sandwich because it has a singular bun, yeah? So you would have to first separate the bun into two halves and place them on top and below the sausage part for a hotdog to be a sandwich. I’d say a hotdog can become a sandwich but only if you do that first.

2 Likes

but isn’t that what a hotdog is? :joy:

1 Like

The bread has to be parallel with each other in some fashion.

1 Like

But hotdogs only have one bun, though, right? The bun is kinda sliced in the middle but it isn’t cut completely in half. I think for a hotdog to become a sandwich the two halves of the bun need to be separated completely and put on opposite sides of the sausage part.

1 Like

yeah…I guess you win the argument. :joy:

1 Like

@imthegreenbean so if I only made half of a sandwich, like just one slice of bread folded in half but everything else was typical sandwich fillings, is that technically
a hot dog?

1 Like

Ooof looks like I’ve got some support.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a sandwich with a sausage in the middle though…

1 Like

For me a hotdog has to be the partially sliced bun folded around a sausage. There’s probably a different name for just a single piece of bread folded around typical sandwich filling ingredients, but I haven’t seen one of those yet.

2 Likes