Is a hotdog a sandwich?

@imthegreenbean So what about a subway sandwich? That only has one bun that is sliced open

1 Like

Ooh ok now this is getting interesting. So maybe we canā€™t use the two completely separate pieces of bread placed on opposite sides of a different ingredient as a good definitionā€¦ but then again, where do you draw the line? To me a subway sandwich seems like more of a sandwich than a hotdog because subway sandwiches have typical sandwich ingredients as filling but I donā€™t really see a single sausage used as a very common sandwich fillingā€¦

1 Like

@imthegreenbean But what about a Chicago style hot dog? Theyā€™ve got like everything but the kitchen sink on those. Is that still technically a hotdog?

I feel like those are just hot dogs with a ton of toppings, which shouldnā€™t separate it from being a hotdog. Iā€™m fairly certain itā€™s still a hotdog unless you alter/take away the bun or the sausage.

1 Like

A hot dog is meat between bread. Itā€™s technically a sandwich but not commonly referred to as one.

1 Like

What about the waffle? What came first: the waffle or the waffle maker???

1 Like

A hot dog is not a sandwich, you need 2 pieces of bread for a sandwich. If a hot dog is a sandwich then so is a soft taco or a pita. And donā€™t even get me started on ā€œopen face sandwichesā€ - What a lie those are!

1 Like

So something being a sandwich hinges on it being made with two separate pieces of bread?

Pun intended. No shame

1 Like

Yeah, here at YoYoExpert those are the rules.

3 Likes

But, what if I only want half a sandwich, so I just fold one slice of bread in half? I feel inclined to just call that half a sandwich.

You donā€™t wanna go through life half-sandwiching all your problems smileypants.

5 Likes

@YoYoExpertGarrett Quit dodging the bullet and answer the question! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy:

And this is the biggest thread of the AMA :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Well Evan, care to chime in? You seem like a pretty reasonable guy. Is a hotdog a sandwich?

The proper question isā€¦ isā€¦ a hotdog a Taco?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s practically a sandwich. I mean, come onā€¦

1 Like

Is a taco a sandwich, then?

1 Like

A hot dog is a sandwich, a sandwich is not always a hotdog.

4 Likes

:thinking: thank you for your answer, Evan.

:joy::joy::joy:this carried on to a very far extent

1 Like