is a Die-f-yo konkave bearing worth it?

(Punchline101) #1

Should I get a Die-f-yo konkave bearing? ???

A konkave really only helps in keeping the string centered easier during tricks and such and also helps with multiple layers. But with a good throw you can get the string centered and it will pretty much stay, as for multiple layers I would say a konakave would help in smaller gapped yoyos such as the DM my dv888 does just fine though.

(J. Lev) #3

Learn to throw properly. The bearing shouldn’t matter.

As others have said, a clean technique is the best and allows for more bearing options. However, they definitely are nice. I would recommend the Center Trac bearing that you can buy from YYE. $5 less than a standard KonKave, comes pre-cleaned, and is so smooth. Same functionality and a smaller price tag is a win in my book.

no

(PutridNebula) #6

try it out if you are willing to shell out the cash for it, maybe you will go crazy for it, only problem is you might want to order a Dif-e-yo KonKave bearing instead of a Die-F-Yo, as I am unsure of where those are made :wink:

(screamo) #7

Lol!!!

(Punchline101) #8

sorry just misspelled the name. ;D

(PutridNebula) #9

lol i know, i was just joking :smiley:

(Johnny rocks!!!) #10

NO!!!

(Punchline101) #12

why did you say no??

(JosephP) #13

its all preference i have one and i love it. not to sound bias or anything.

yep they are worth it! i have almost all different bearings (yyj, centertrac, dorthy, bc grove, spec, dif concave) my dif bearing is my most used and relable bearing.