iPhone 4S Problems (somewhat urgent)

Hi, so I lost my phone in snow/melting snow/more snow for about three weeks. I just found it a couple days ago and put it in a bag of rice for 24 hours. I then dipped it in rubbing alcohol, took it out, wiped it off with a towel and left it on my dresser for about 9 hours while I went to school. When I got home, I used a vacuum to suck out some of the moisture. I then put the phone back in the rice for another 24 hours. This afternoon, I tried charging it and it works fine. The only thing is, it looks like there’s a fair amount of moisture beneath the screen, darkening it quite a bit. Is it safe to just use it normally? Will the moisture go away eventually? If not, what should I do to fix it?

I have an iPhone 4S.

Thanks,
Ben

Try hitting it with a hair dryer. Then out it back in the rice for a bit. I’m assuming you opened it up to use the vac on it. Do that for the hair dryer too.

1 Like

Thanks. I actually did that stuff but I didn’t open it up in fear of breaking anything, but I’ll see if I have a small enough screwdriver.

You’ll have to open it. I once accidentally spilled gatorade all over my iPhone, had to take it apart, soak it in warm water to remove the gatorade, then left it in a box of rice. Was perfectly fine the next morning with no side effects. BTW, since you’re on now, maybe you could respond to the list of complaints a few members have with you?

1 Like

All have been resolved privately.

Yeah, so it turns out I don’t have a small enough screwdriver. Would the phone be okay if I let it just air/rice dry? Or is it imperative that I open it?

If you have a knife, use the tip to unscrew it.

1 Like