Introduce Yourself!

I thought he was a he, I feel ashamed now because I chat with Doohan often and I must have ignorantly just assumed Doohan’s gender off photos alone…

I am touched by your introduction, bud… :sob: :bowing_man:

Man, please :joy: :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Sorry no offense intended!

2 Likes

You totally got me… I was going through all the photos going, hm I only see a good looking dude here but maybe…no way…but…hm…hm…

Haha

Edit : DOXX’ed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No problem! But that was trully hilarious, man. You totally got @MoonageMin there :rofl:

3 Likes

I haven’t introduced myself either.

I like yo-yos and I really like new minty fresh yo-yos.

I play 1A so I’m better at 0A so I’m better at 1A
I play 2A so I’m better at 0A so I’m better at 1A
I play 5A so I’m better at 1A so I’m better at 0A

I like playing and collecting yo-yos

4 Likes

Hi Guys ! I make my come back to yoyoing after 10 years. I throw my old Addict yoyo from SPYY and I’m looking to buy a new yoyo, but I’m lost in all those new brand.
Sorry for my poor english I’m french

12 Likes

nice piece bud, welcome!

1 Like

Hello from Pennsylvania. Welcome to the forum. I’m glad you’re here!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! My name is Mike, I am a post-graduate student and I’m new to the yoyo world. Used to play around with them as a kid but stopped around 3rd grade. I’ve been bored in quarantine and figured I would jump into yoyoing to help pass the time. Been throwing for about a week now using a YYF Replay (responsive). Trying to perfect my power throw to help with spin times while learning beginner string tricks and various mounts!

10 Likes

Hey @BeberJones welcome to the forum,

5 months I go, I also came back to yoyoing after a 12 year hiatus and also had a Spyy Addict in Green.
Lovely little yoyo great to have you back. What are you looking for in a new yoyo?

Maybe my recent thread might have all the info you want :slight_smile:

Hey @MikeWazowski welcome too!
Didn’t realise Monster’s University (MU) had post grad courses as well.
Hope you ace that scarer exam and enjoy yoyoing at the same time!

4 Likes

welcome back!

that SPYY Addict is still a sweet throw. I have one in green that’s still in my regular rotation.

there are too many great throws available these days. i’ve bought throws from a bunch of different manufacturers and have yet to get something that didn’t play well.

what is your budget? there are some great bi-metals available in the $70 range (YYF Nightmare, CLYW Navigator, Duncan Grasshopper GTX) these are incredible players with long spin times and near perfect balance.

There are also a plethora of mono-metals and hybrids available. It’s tough to pick a bad one these days.

Good luck and have fun

kgb

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Replay is a good yoyo!

2 Likes

@BeberJones @MikeWazowski Welcome to the forum you guys! i hope y’all stick with it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion of yoyo. I ll check this out

3 Likes

@PCaliyoyos @ChrisFrancz @MoonageMin Thanks for the warm welcomes! Having an absolute blast with it haha. Which unresponsive throw would y’all recommend as I transition into that territory? My budget would be $20-$30. I would go for the Replay Pro, but since I have the replay already, I would like to get a little bit of diversity in the appearance of my Yos.

Like I said in my previous post, I’m having the most fun with the basic string tricks like trapeze, and learning different mounts. So which unresponsive throw would be most conducive in continuing to learn and practice string tricks?

4 Likes

you can browse the $15 to $35 price range here on YoyoExpert to see what catches your eye. :smiley:

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/15-to-35-yo-yos-by-price-range

3 Likes

Hi Mike, I personally think you couldn’t go wrong with a YoyoFriends Dove.

It’s a plastic yoyo which is great because um we drop it a lot when we first start.
And also it’s not just any plastic it’s Delrin and it feel ultra premium.

I still play with this a lot even though I have more expensive yoyos ranging from various types of Aluminium to Titanium.

It’s $5 over your budget, but this would be my personal recommendation.

Um, don’t mean to sound like a stuck up privileged man child, but I haven’t owned yoyo’s below this price point so I am not the best to advise, but I know that Magic Yoyo gets a lot of love, and others who have played with them will be able to advise you further :slight_smile:

I’ve only been at this for 5 months too, so welcome to the club!

5 Likes

Oh well done @PCaliyoyos I am proud of your progress.
You can search now :rofl:

3 Likes

Touche! :joy:

3 Likes