Inner ring bi metal yoyo vibe

So today i get an auldey fierce beacon which i believe is bi metal and when i throw it it have some pulse vibe but i don’t know why so i half swapped it with my smoothest yoyo (the y03 hertz) to identify and what i realized is that one half is perfectly smooth and other half isn’t. What can i do to fix it.

1 Like

Is that whole inner silver part the “ring”?

Just the outer ring i think

1 Like

I’ll look it up to make sure but the idea that I saw on another thread was to take your halves apart, remove the bearing and axle. Then cup the half with vibe over the ball. If you have a rubber mallet or plastic tipped hammer you could then tap on the yo-yo half all the way around then test again and continue until it’s smooth. Or it seems you could just cup the half and the ball in your hand with the cup on the upper side of the ball and cradled in your palm. Then tap (or even slightly harder hit) the baseball on the floor. Does that make sense?

Have this thing which fit perfectly but the material is too soft so i am planning to put the yoyo in the freezer. Does that loosen the ring?

I guess it’s worth a try but I’m afraid if you start hammering on that spool in any way

it’s going to bust into pieces. I have a small crafts hammer that has soft plastic tips on it. I used this to tap in some inner rings on a bi-metal and that worked quite well. Here are some pics. It’s not a baseball but it’s just to illustrate. :grin:

2 Likes

For some reason i start to think it’s the bearing seat or threat fault because i couldn’t see any gap between the ring and the raw metal part but i hope it’s just the ring

I know that within the last few days I was reading a post where @Albertino and some others were having similar problems and fixing it. It’s not too difficult for a good bang, even on carpet, to shift those rings out of place. And it doesn’t take much to make it vibe.

I guess this must be the bearing seat fault because the bearing seat was insanely tight and i have to use a pliers to take the bearing out.
At this point maybe be I’ll just use some Teflon tape to reduce some vibe
The yoyo only cost 5$ after all, it’s not even worth trying to fix it

Poor little green guy made me smile this morning! Good demo!!

It wasn’t even planned but he is perfect isn’t he!!??:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I will say that it IS possible for a very tight seated bearing to be slightly crooked which could also cause some vibe. The bearing can be tapped into place before assembly to insure this isn’t a problem. while this can cause vibe it’s usually only slight but more often the symptom of this is that the response becomes more slippy.

Does some slightly pulse vibe affect play?

Can you see the yoyo wobble/shake? If the yoyo still spins straight and you just notice a little vibe on the string or doing the nail test that’s not pulse vibe. @Salter

It’s does wobble but you have to look very closely