In the yo-zone (wow tht was pretty corny)

have you ever noticed when your yoyoing some where special or something you kind of zone out.
like i just got back from being outside (which is 44 degrees [to some is not too cold]) with music blasting in my ears and everything seemed to have like not matter except for me and the yoyo.

do any of my fellow yoyoers (or anyone with a special toy skills) have a moment or places where it’s like just you and the yoyo (or skill toy)?

Personally I try to stay active in the aware-of-your-existence department, but that’s just me :wink:

Jacob Lindgrens house, we yoyoed for 4 hours, without even realizing a minute had passed.

lol. like i know whats happening around me, but i am very focused on yoyoing

Are you sure you’re from the United States? It sounds like English isn’t your first language and you’ve only been speaking it for maybe a few years.

i hit my mom with a dv888 cuz i wasnt aware she was there

who are you referring too? just curious.

dude tht sucked. what she do?

[quote=“johnny_le1494,post:7,topic:21479”]

[quote=“Elephark,post:8,topic:21479”]

LMAO oh wow i looked away from the screen for a second while it was loading ur reply and then i look back and all i see is like this picture pointing at me. i was taken aback a little bit. anyways lol yeah i am from the united states. born in chicago, Illinois and raised and live in Virginia. Vietnamese is my first language while English is my second. i have been speaking English for about 13-15 years. i am 16 now. (i was raised for like the first 1-2 years without knowing English till i went to pre-school and public schools. but yes i am an american.

I’ve heard people talk about some meditative state like this before, but I have never achieved it. The closest I’ve gotten is like an intensive session where I may come up with a new combo or put together a freestyle with sweat pouring down my face and immense thirst, but I guess, like lucid dreaming, it takes a special skill to reach this “zone”.

For me all it takes is the help of a little green friend who lives in my pocket from time to time. Quite honestly, it’s an incredible feeling unlike any other.

Anywhere I yo-yo I feel like me and the yo-yo are the only thing there. I usually have my Ipod in and I’m usually listening to Amon Amarth, but I still pay attention to surroundings…sometimes… I broke a ceiling fan doing Eli hops because I didn’t know it was there…

When I yoyo’d for a talent show, right when I got up there, I couldn’t even speak (HUGE stage fright)

As soon as I threw my yoyo into double or nothing, my mind went blank, and it was just me :slight_smile: