I'm wondering how to get the best out of my hitman....

So yeah i got my hitman last friday and i was wondering how to get the best out of it cause it seems that it has lost some of its performance…i added a bit of lube…i was just wondering how to get the best out of a yoyo…dont be a jerk off either im a noob yoyoer i know so chill

Break in the bearing, and if you want, silicone and shim it.

What do you mean by, “It has lost some of its performance,”? What is it doing that is undesirable for you? One person may want a yo-yo to do something that another person doesn’t want it to do.

Have you changed the string, first of all?

well welcome to the sight and you may find that few of us are “jerk offs.” by lost its performance, i assume you mean that it doesn’t spin as long as it did stock (right out of the package), and now when you throw it, it is louder than before? if that is the case, it means that you probably broke in the bearing. some people might recommend that you clean the bearing. if you do a quick search, i think Samad had made a good thread on how to clean the bearing.

you should also tell us what exactly is different. is it more or less responsive? you might want to mod the yoyo to your specifications.

1 Like

Well Samad, if he’s a noob he’s probally not going 2 b using any silicole pads any time soon soooooo

make the gap as lose as it will go so that the string doesn’t fall off of the bearing and on 2 the axle, also work on your throw and make sure that it’s not wobbly. Just doing that will give u a better sleep time, but if you want anything more look into buying a konkave or center track bearing to reduce friction.

1 Like

OK to clarify when i was checking it out at the store i loved it it was more silent than it is now… and also i noticed that the leep time has gotton shorter slightly… ALso its gotten less responsive…like its unresponsive when i dont want it to and it is at the weirdest times …and i will check out the thread that samad pointed out… umm so how can you tell if you’ve broke the bearing i mean it looks all in tact course the c rings is a little bit bent…Oh and im not THAT much of a noob…im an advanced…

actually wesley left

Or buy a hitman from Raphael, if he’d ever send it. =P

though id say it would be better unresponsive… just throw some thick lube in there or 3 in 1 oil. the bent c- clip may cause a problem.

[/quote]
though id say it would be better unresponsive… just throw some thick lube in there or 3 in 1 oil. the bent c- clip may cause a problem.
[/quote]
Yeah but like it wont bind sometimes…

well it probably isn’t broken. do you know when the C ring got bent? it think it doesn’t matter all that much. bearings are very durable to damage, but make sure you take care of it anyways.

to clear things up (if you got them confused) breaking a bearing is different from breaking it [b]in[b]. breaking it in comes with constant use.

if its bent far enough the shield will be uneven or even touch make contact with the balls

Take the shield out and play with it like that. I find that its much smoother

lol yeah ok so i took the sheilds off and it works better… thx!